Home > Art / Photo > Sculptures > Bound by Time

Bound by Time

Report abuse
Description:
This sculpture is based off the idea that some women in India are married out of betrothal. Before they are married off, the man will meet will all women who were promised him, spends 15 minutes with each, and then decides which he will marry...the women have no say-so

More by this contributor
About this contributor

This art/photo has 26 comments. Post your own!

DaeshaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 23, 2012 at 3:38 am:
I have to say, looking at this, it is...... amazing. Thank-you.

Unknown0_0 said...
Feb. 11, 2012 at 3:10 pm:
The description was very good, the meaning behind it and the beauty are wonderful! Keep it up! :)

purplemusician said...
hey i really love this! i can tell by both your words and the art that you actually FEEL for the women. this sculpture is so full of emotion, i love it. i especially like how the hand has drawings on it, i know that in india one of the things the women do for special occasions is henna, a stain design. i really love it!

_AMZ_ replied...
Aug. 29, 2010 at 1:39 pm :
thank you! I appreciate you actually reading my explanation for this one...without it, this wouldn't make much sense! yes, the henna represents the marriage part of the story behind the piece

AprilMonday said...

SUPER FREAKING WOWWWW!!!!

THIS IS AMAZING, and you're on several favorite lists. ;)

_AMZ_ replied...
Aug. 23, 2010 at 4:28 pm :

I'm glad you like it, AprilMonday!

Am I really on favorite pages? Awesome :) 

StandardToaster said...
i looove this!  It's very unique and beautiful!  btw, check out some of of my work if u can :)

_AMZ_ replied...
Aug. 13, 2010 at 6:45 pm :
thanksooo much for the comment... and I would be MORE than happy to check out your work and comment!! :D

singergurl12 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 29, 2010 at 3:54 pm:
good job! i really like it.

_AMZ_ replied...
Jul. 31, 2010 at 11:39 pm :
Thanks! It makes me happy to know that I can create something that someone else enjoys seeing and taking an interest in!!!

xiao_vang said...
Jul. 27, 2010 at 8:43 pm:
I really like this...u even gave some good info about the background of the work...I think your really creative and don't ever stop!!!

_AMZ_ replied...
Jul. 28, 2010 at 12:12 am :
Thank you so much!

Eilatan This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 5, 2010 at 1:52 pm:
This is really good. I wish I could make something like this. it's like she's reaching out of a vortex of helplessness.

_AMZ_ replied...
Jul. 6, 2010 at 12:48 am :
 Thank you...and you have the right idea about the helplessness, that is what this piece is all about. It wasn't too hard to make, I actually enjoyed it. I'm sure you can do something similar, just come up with a solid idea, and roll with it! :)

Zuzanna said...
Jul. 2, 2010 at 2:27 pm:
Oh that is so sad. The Sculpture is beautiful though.

_AMZ_ replied...
Jul. 2, 2010 at 5:25 pm :
thank you...and I know the meaning behind it is sad, but true. I can't imagine going through that

sweetsunshine said...
Jul. 1, 2010 at 4:48 pm:
I love it, it's inspirational and if you really look at it well you could really understand it

_AMZ_ replied...
Jul. 1, 2010 at 9:07 pm :

Thank you so much for your comment :) !!!!

WhiteBear said...
Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:29 am:
I love this, its really inspirational and creative. the wire around the hand is really cool as well!! ;)

_AMZ_ replied...
Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:33 pm :
Thank you!! :) The wires are supposed to resemble minute hands of the clock.