The Bookstore Cat | Teen Ink

The Bookstore Cat

By HotOnTheRim, Knightstown, Indiana
HotOnTheRim, Knightstown, Indiana

This was a picture that I took about a year ago, but I still consider this one of my best photos. This is Rascal, a Maine Coon who lives in my local bookstore. He had been laying on the floor with the sun hitting his fur when I took the picture. This was not planned, but you can guess that I was excited when I saw it after I snapped it!

Similar images

This photo has 3 comments.

sophza PLATINUM, Sacramento, California

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ~Ferris Bueller

Yeah, and the bookstore cats are very tolerant, too. Kids can go a little crazy on cats... like by petting them backwards... ??! Why? It doesn't even make sense.

HotOnTheRim said...
HotOnTheRim, Knightstown, Indiana
That's awesome! I really love bookstore cats; they give some life to the whole place. And it helps attract little kids, too: "Mommy, look at the kitty! Can we go inside and pet it?! Pleeease?!"

sophza PLATINUM, Sacramento, California

Woah... There's a cat just like that at my local bookstore too! He even makes that face too!