Home > Art / Photo > Photographs > When Joy is Captured

When Joy is Captured

Report abuse
Description:
When Joy is captured... It never stays captured for long. But it's beautiful to see it flying away.

More by this contributor
About this contributor

This art/photo has 7 comments. Post your own now!

savetheplanet said...
Caught just as the sun starts to set, you almost don't want to blink for fear that it will fade before you open your eyes to see again.  Beautiful :D

The Silent Raven replied...
I hope some kind of joy is fluttering between your two palms, my dear friend, perhaps even the kind which has no inclination to fly away. Peace and love to you. :)

savetheplanet replied...
You're back!!! :) How come you're not using your account? Oh that it could fly away and refuse to stay. For what use is joy when it is not free? It would fly away from me and I'd watch it go, as it flew away I would follow it wherever it went. Peace and love to you

IamtheshyStargirl said...

Wistful and fleeting; that is the shade of pink that describes the world of the fairies, which I rather think you witnessed in this photo. Are fairies joy, or is joy fairies?

It reminds me of Oregon, strangely enough. Narnia, too... I think you truly captured joy, to be interpreted through the viewer's own memories and perceptions, and then released to float aimlessly along once more. 

IamtheshyStargirl replied...
I rather think it is fitting that this photograph resides along hot air balloons of many colors, sizes, and heights. 

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...

Fleeting. An excellent word for this, if I may say so modestly (it was what I was trying to accomplish in the beginning). I rather think that fairies are embodiments of joy, much as birds are the embodiment of hope. But Joy could just as easily be a society of fairies who serve the human heart!

What is Oregon like? I've already been to Narnia, so I know what you mean by that. ;) Thinking about it, now, I'd say that I didn't capture joy; joy captured me, and then (through ... (more »)

An-eloquent-leafThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
My initial thoughts didn't even think about Narnia (shockingly enough), but when I saw your comment, Stargirl, I can definitely see that now. I actually like how the top of the photo looks almost like daytime, while the bottom half looks much darker, almost like dusk