Home > Art / Photo > Photographs > Breaking free

Breaking free This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Report abuse
Description:
This was made completely of wire and cards, and a sheet of cardboard. It took a very long time to create and to get the lighting correct.
Tags: Mike cards

This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. This piece has also been published in Teen Ink's monthly print magazine.

More by this contributor

This art/photo has 119 comments. Post your own now!

Paigie said...
That's amazing! I saw it in the mag and stared at it for the longest time...wow

EdytD said...
This is really neat; the idea is great, and the title is too. I think if you used a black board instead of white, it would have been harder to see the board, which might have looked neater. But I don't do photography, so i don't know if that would make it more difficult to see. Either way, great job.

Dulce This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
If you stare at this for a while, a bit unfocused, it almost looks like the cards are moving outward. Very nice shot, I'm impressed. You're quiet resourceful. ^^

ld the great said...
Nov. 11, 2009 at 11:09 am
WOW HOW DID YOU DO THIS.THIS IS GREAT AND AMAZING

Emmalee This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 11, 2009 at 7:51 am
I can't even imagine. Great picture.

AmnyR said...
Nov. 11, 2009 at 7:44 am
sa-weet picture!

thepreechyteenager said...
Nov. 11, 2009 at 6:08 am
jeez, how many cards did u USE??? anyway, great photo, you've got alot of comments, too, especially for a photo, (which almost no one ever comments on)

allie n. said...
this is absolutely amazing! mike, you are so incredibly talented. u deserve to have this photo in the magazine. superb job!

~*The-Broken-Hearted-Girl*~ said...
this is amazing. when i showed my friend this she thought it was actual cards and nothing else. but it's really good!

teenroses said...
Pretty good photo :D
Nicely caught <3

Aro_To_The_Heart This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
It's amazing that you were able to pull this off. It shows just how creative a person can be if they really put their minds to it. Great job!

Jackie B. said...
Sept. 28, 2009 at 9:37 am
that's really awesome-- great job! love it!

Muntaha J. said...
This is the most loveliest piece of photography I have ever seen. Wonderful!

Peacseeker said...
That's really cool. How did you do that? It's very impressive. :)

Shannon said...
hey this is sooo kewl!! It looks like he is busting out of the cards!! (probably how u wanted it) ha good job this is awesome!!

jmc.13 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
FANTASTIC! really captures an audience. great job!

austindb12 said...
One of the best photos on the site! So cool Check out some of my photos www.freewebs.com/photocardsbyaustinbryan

johntroxel said...
WOOT WOOT!!!! MIKE IS THE BEST!!!!!!! he is a beast, so ya.....fosho put him in!!

aaliyeh said...
MIKE I LOVE THIS.