Home > Art / Photo > Photographs > Breaking free

Breaking free This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Report abuse
Description:
This was made completely of wire and cards, and a sheet of cardboard. It took a very long time to create and to get the lighting correct.
Tags: Mike cards

This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. This piece has also been published in Teen Ink's monthly print magazine.

More by this contributor

This art/photo has 118 comments. Post your own!

Nick D. said...
Jan. 25, 2011 at 9:08 am:
its ok, i could do better. nice try though!

she'ssolovely replied...
Jan. 27, 2011 at 8:12 pm :
Seriously? This is amazing...so stop being cocky. :p

TheChickWithTheHair replied...
Jun. 28, 2011 at 7:23 pm :
No, what Nick is doing is called subconscious jealousy. He's discarding it simply because he wished his work was like this. Or maybe he has a more distasteful eye than others... we never really know considering that we don't know him.   

gurujufu This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 25, 2011 at 4:03 am:

Gorgeous, and amazing that you took the time to carefully design the set and meter the light, I know that's hard! 

I hope to see some of your other photography! 

iwriter42 said...
wow, this is great!!  never lose this picture, it is your ticket to fame!  (well, just your talent in general) 

alanacarlene said...
Jan. 3, 2011 at 10:17 am:
This is incredible you're a true photographer! You actually take a lot of time to get the surrounding and lighting to meet perfection! This is really amazing it deserves to go in the magazine!  I bet you'll be a well known photographer if you keep at this and take your time! :)

chocolateluvr said...
it shows great visuality

Katera said...
this is seriously awesome and isnt just capturing a good moment on camera, but creating that moment, which goes beyond the basic concept pf photography, this is amazing. 

warrior_angel said...
Nov. 20, 2010 at 1:57 am:
this pic is AWESOME

writingrocks This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is one of the craziest yet creative pics I have ever seen!!! Extremely imaginative, and there are so many stories behind it.

Brook_little_obbsessive said...
this is so awesome!

TheMusicalFaery said...
Oct. 11, 2010 at 10:29 am:
Wow, this picture is AMAZING!!! How on earth did you get the idea? It's fabulous, I wish I'd come up with it! ;) Keep up the good work!

kmarie17 said...

THIS PICTURE IS SO TIGHT! :) ha ha wow. I cant even imagine the work you put into this ! ITS AMAZING how good this picture is ! :) thanks for posting!

teenagemutantme said...
This reminds me of something Imaginary Foundation, this is really sweet!

sarahh_xo said...
beautiful .

ThatClarinetPerson said...
so awesome! i absolutely love this! your work totally paid off.

AkLore This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This picture is so amazing! When I first saw it, I did a double take. I love how you embued photography with such a spirit of art that it makes it feel like a painting. Thank you for sharing your talents.

Rememberthebest said...
Very creative and VERY nice picture! I love the creativity behind this! The guy's facial expression is perfect as well as the card placement of the displaced cards. The lighting is a little bit bright as far as the white seeming to overpower a little bit (reflection possibly?) but that is a minor detail in a very creative picture :) Very good job and keep up the good work!

IamtheStargirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...

This is so freakin' awesome!! Lle maa quel.

Favorited :)

Brianna said...
I really like the creativity behind this photo! However, it is a bit light (I think that's considered over exposed?), so just careful with your lighting. Other than that, this is a phenomenal picture. :)

Caroline C. said...
Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:28 am:
I love it!  It's so imaginative and whimsical!