The Perfect Moment | Teen Ink

The Perfect Moment

By heartlovers59, Allen, Texas
heartlovers59, Allen, Texas

Live life to the fullest.

One second too late and you miss the shot. One second too early and all you get is a picture of a pool of water. I love this photo because its so cool to see how something so simple, can look so amazing.

Similar images

This photo has 4 comments.

KelseyS94 said...
KelseyS94, N/A, Wisconsin

"Grab your gear."

"Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome."

"Inconceivable!"

Nice shot!

Studio_Riet GOLD, Tonasket, Washington

" Times you see, is a little arrangement that man has made for himself to try to measure the immeasurable mysteries of life." -Calypso to Ulysses (Bernard Evslin.)
"You don't have a soul, you are a soul. You have a body" - CS Lewis

When I was no older than 9, I was at a 4H exhibit to bring more of the youth in the area to 4H. One booth was all about photagraphy. To make a point that photagraphy is more than just pointing a camera at some thing and hitting the button, they set up a bowl of water with a little seringe that let a smal drop fall every few seconds, and a camera on a tripod aimed at the bowl. The goal was to capture that perfact shape of when the drop hits the water. 

I tryed many times, untill I looked back at all of the photos I had taken. In the last three was the shape.

I believe I still have a print out of it.

heartlovers59, Allen, Texas

Live life to the fullest.

Thanks! It takes a lot of practice and time, but I bet you will get it right soon!

M-star BRONZE said...
M-star BRONZE, Kalamazoo, Michigan

"Won't you come into the garden? I would like my roses to see you."- Richard Brinsley Sheridan

This is really cool and really pretty! I've always wanted to capture a picture like this but I never can time it just right.