New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

Untitled

Report abuse
Description:
Prague, Czech Republic. If you steal this image you will be sued.

This art/photo has 10 comments. Post your own!

crazy_poet42 said...
May 25, 2011 at 8:59 am:
I like the use of negative space in this photo, although I'm not sure if it's a little bit too asymmetrically balanced. The angle of the stones adds a nice touch, as it's no longer a typical face-front photo. Was it edited at all? (I edit my photos all the time; it's not a criticism, just a curiosity.)

mchlglllnd replied...
May 25, 2011 at 9:02 am :
About the balance, I have been instructed as third-generation bauhaus, so I put much emphasis in never shooting dead-on and I also always keep in consideration the rule of thirds.  Yes, I do use the Adobe RAW converter for color balance and temperature adjustments.

crazy_poet42 replied...
May 25, 2011 at 9:07 am :
Well, you just went way beyond my two years of high school photography there... :) But still, I like it.

mchlglllnd replied...
May 25, 2011 at 10:54 am :
I just finished my sophmore year of high school photo, but our teacher is very intense about fundamentals.  I would attribute our program's success to the fact that he is never afraid to tell a kid that thier picture sucks.

crazy_poet42 replied...
May 25, 2011 at 11:07 am :
I'm quite impressed. In my photo 1 class (only a semester), the teacher was a great guy, and knew a lot about photography and the development process, but he had so much enthusiasm about everything... including most photos. Photo 2 had a different teacher, who was slightly harsher but perhaps not as much as she ought to have been.

mchlglllnd replied...
May 25, 2011 at 11:11 am :
I find tht it is hard to have the drive to get better if everyone is always telling you that your work is good.  You can only start to become a better photographer, or artist for that matter, if you are always working to improve upon your weaknesses and you are constantly trying to emulate modern bodies of work.

crazy_poet42 replied...
May 25, 2011 at 8:53 pm :
I absolutely agree. With teachers that just give you A's or, even if they don't, don't provide constructive criticism, it is extremely difficult to improve at anything.

crazy_poet42 said...
May 25, 2011 at 8:57 am:
Did you both miss the note from TeenInk when you try to post a comment? "Please keep your comments positive and constructive."

mchlglllnd said...
May 25, 2011 at 8:59 am:
Sorry about the comments, it seems like somebody hacked my account or something, they like deleted all of my pics exceot fot this one and they just went on a rip sesh with like thirty pics.  I changed my password now and it hopefully won't happen again.

mylifebelike said...
May 24, 2011 at 9:54 pm:
i think if i handed this in i would probably get a... hm B. just kidding a F.