Run Free | Teen Ink

Run Free MAG

By Jessica Furtado BRONZE, Bradford, Massachusetts
Jessica Furtado BRONZE, Bradford, Massachusetts

A self-portrait taken using a timer and tripod. I used this photo to signify that sometimes we all a break from day to day life. It is meant to be a photo expressing liberation and freedom.

Similar images

This photo has 4 comments.

JakeBoyk5683 said...
JakeBoyk5683, Bowling Green, Ohio

"And I'm gone, and I'm done. No more running, no more lying." -Jack Kelly

I love this photo because it shows the complete other side of someone. It's great because it really gives us feelings of mixed emotions. 

on May. 7 2013 at 8:39 am
Amber410 SILVER, Struthers, Ohio

Naver Say Never

this is a great photo. I sometimes wish that i can break free from day to day life.

greenframedbrown, MILLERSBURG, Kentucky
With the concept of liberation and freedom, one normally thinks of happiness, movement, etc. Being free makes you wanna dance and squirm, run around, be crazy, doesn't it? C: But this picture doesn't really do that. There's no action. Look at the shoes, for example. If you were to kick off your shoes and run, would they be placed oh so neatly to your right like that? Uh-uh!  The framing and composition of the picture make the subject matter a bit unclear; the shoes are so dark in contrast that the eye goes there first and then moves up to see the feet. The action is all in a vertical line through the center, so to speak, while the pose of the feet themselves look like they're just posing to be running. Take a video of your feet running, and I mean really RUNNING, like so crazy happy you could run across the continent and back. Then you'll see what I mean. c; I hope you don't take any of this as an insult or anything! I just want to try to help other artists. I've had my fair share of criticism in my life, and I in no way want anyone to have some of the negative experiences I've had with it. 

pizzapencil SILVER, Coon Rapids, Minnesota
I get it! This is great! :)