Home > Art / Photo > Photographs > Kimono Elegance Beneath Cherry Blossom Clouds

Kimono Elegance Beneath Cherry Blossom Clouds This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. This work has won the Teen Ink contest in its category.

Report abuse
Description:
I was at a cherry blossom festival and was struck by the classic elegance of this women so vividly representing the Japanese culture with her colorful kimono and wagasa umbrella. Surprisingly, this scene was not in Japan but near my own backyard in Branch Brook Park near Newark, NJ.

This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. This piece has also been published in Teen Ink's monthly print magazine.

This work has won the Teen Ink contest in its category. This piece won the March 2011 Teen Ink Art and Photography Contest.

More by this contributor
About this contributor

This art/photo has 2 comments. Post your own now!

beautifulspiritThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow looks like a scene from a movie~ The cherry blossoms are simply breathtaking.

PerfectMGymnast This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 21, 2011 at 1:29 am
Wow! this picture is so beautiful with the cherry blossom tree's in the background and how you captured a candid shot that wasn't posed!! :)