Home > Art / Photo > Photographs > Nothing To Say

Nothing To Say

Report abuse
Description:
This is a pole in my city. Usually, the poles are covered with posters and advertisements for small businesses and the local scene. However, a shopkeeper near this particular pole tears the posters down, destroying a vital part of what makes the city alive.

More by this contributor
About this contributor

This art/photo has 9 comments. Post your own now!

TheEvilGenius said...
Wow...this picture's really sad. To me, it represents the entire community, the businesses, the events, everything that makes a city individual and ripping it all down just because of some selfish purpose. It leaves the pole looking ugly and empty. What if all the poles were like that and the city became empty and mundane, with nothing to set it apart from the other cities? o.o

Thorn73 replied...
...That would suck...o.O *Displays an extraordinary lack of depth.*

TheEvilGenius replied...
I know, wouldn't it? It'd be like in Fahrenheit 451, where the cities weren't even distinguishable from each other.... 

Thorn73 replied...
Precisely! (Actually, that seems to be the case in most science fiction...:P)

TheEvilGenius replied...
Well, yeah, but that's just the first example that came to mind.  :)  Maybe because I have a signed copy of it... XD  *smug smile*

Thorn73 replied...
:O NO WAY! That's incredible! Well...I have a signed copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows! TT^TT (Except that I may have lost it while moving...x.x)

TheEvilGenius replied...
:O  Seriously?! That's awesome!!! :D  Hope you didn't lose it, though... : /  And yeah, I went to one of his lectures and he had a book-signing brunch thing afterwards for special guests.  XD  It was sweet.

Thorn73 replied...
Awesome! :O Well, I also hope that I haven't lost such a wonderful thing...x.x

TheEvilGenius replied...
Yeah...that would suck... ;-;  I wonder what J.K. Rowling's working on right now! :o