Home > Art / Photo > Photographs > Pas de Quatre

Pas de Quatre This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

Report abuse

More by this contributor

This art/photo has 9 comments. Post your own!

mereCatThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 9 at 8:16 am:
I'm doing this cygnets dance for a show at the moment! Your tutus are much nice though - ours are second hand and droopy because my dance teachers are skint...

AqualynThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 7 at 12:13 am:
I like the use of such an ironic name "Pas de Quatre" when there are really four ballerinas in the photo!

mereCatThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 9 at 8:17 am :
What's ironic about that? Four dancers and 'dance for four'

AqualynThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 10 at 2:37 am :
Pas means not. Danse is the french equivalent to dance. That is why it is ironic.

Apr. 10 at 10:19 am :
*CORRECT ME IF I'M WORNG* 'ne verb pas' means not or 'pas' on its own in some contexts but it is also a ballet term for example 'pas de deux' is a dance for two 'pas de quatre' is a dance for four.

Aqualyn replied...
Apr. 15 at 10:04 pm :
Ooooh... I'm sorry. It struck me as an interesting way to name it at first.  

hannahbell8901 replied...
May 21 at 11:35 am :
i like this pick but mabey a new name :)

beautifulspirit This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 1, 2012 at 9:41 am:
Really cool---looks like a painting I have on my wall.

reader123 said...
this isrelly, really cool!