Home > Art / Photo > Photographs > New Times

New Times This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Report abuse
Description:
Aishia's parents are Filipino immigrants, but Aishia is all American. In this picture I was trying to show how easy it is to loose ones genetic culture when surrounded by a new one.

This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. This piece has also been published in Teen Ink's monthly print magazine.

More by this contributor
About this contributor

This art/photo has 6 comments. Post your own!

Mgymnast This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

The background and how everything is white and then her dress and hair is dark is so cool! i love this so much and Favorited it and rated it 5 stars!! 

also, if you get the chance could you check out some of my photo's such as Beauty in Nature and Freedom (& comment and rate them???) it would be greatly appreciated! THANKS!!!

BethMPecore said...
i love how the whole room is in white and the only thing in color is the girl sitting in the chair. That really makes it stand out amongst the rest. I also love how in the picture frames hanging from the wall there are no pictures in them. Think that could represent that this girl has no past and has a blank canvas for the future. I also love how the girls head it placed apon the chair like it is. This gives us, the veiwers, a sense of mystery. It allows us to connect with this mystery girl. In ... (more »)

RiotRave said...
Feb. 11, 2010 at 4:24 pm:
This picture really speaks. was this in her house or something? Looks totally professional.

Garrett This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 11, 2010 at 4:46 pm :
Thank you!
Actually it was taken in my bedroom. I bought all of the furniture and decor from goodwill and spray painted it white, and then bought some cheap white sheets for the walls.

ayaman said...
Feb. 10, 2010 at 8:34 pm:
this is amazing, great quality, great content, great meaning behind it. i love the detail u put into it. really, one of the greatest pictures ive seen in a while

Feb. 11, 2010 at 4:45 pm :
Thanks so much! I'm glad you like it :)