Connections With Story Project | Teen Ink

Connections With Story Project

By Kimberly_M, phoenix, Arizona
Kimberly_M, Phoenix, Arizona

The short story that I’m doing is “The Bass, the River, and Sheila Mant”. The collage and short story are both talking about what happened with the author and the girl he likes. He realizes years later, it wasn’t worth getting the attention of Sheila Mant. The collage and short story are related by telling a love story in the beginning. He learns years later that it was not worth trying to impress a girl that was never interested in him. He then gives up hope and realizes it wasn’t a good idea to let go of something he really loves doing.

The collage shows how the author falls in love with a girl that is seventeen years old while the author is fourteen. The story takes place in the summer, in their summer homes. Sheila is his neighbor and after looking at her flaws, he wants to get her attention. The author loves nature so he decides to take her out on a canoe to a concert since none of the two have a car. During the canoe ride to the concert, he seemed to catch the biggest bass he has ever gotten. Sheila tells the author that she hates fish and that breaks the author’s heart since bass fishing is his passion. There he decides if he should catch and save the bass or not catch it because Sheila isn’t interested in fish. When they arrive at the concert, he finds out Sheila has a boyfriend. Later in his life he learns that there are plenty of fish in the sea.

Similar images

This photo has 0 comments.