Phantasmagoric Expressions | Teen Ink

Phantasmagoric Expressions

By ArbenGutierrez-Bujari BRONZE, San Jose, California
ArbenGutierrez-Bujari BRONZE, San Jose, California
1 article 1 photo 0 comments

Phantasmagoric means a constantly changing scene composed of numerous elements. It is a term describing anything so unusual and weird that it is unreal. The world “phantasmagoric was associated with psychedelic drugs that created illusions.

The term is composed of Portraits with different expressions. The subjective evaluation is up to the viewer’s previous past experiences. The intended audience needs to be open to a different type of experience. The intention is to see photographs in a surreal way. It could be interpreted by some in a positive or negative way. Interpretation is open therefore subjective

Objectively is difficult to integrate both mediums, looking for expressions in art with a surreal theme is not easy. My project is challenging in many ways but is allowing me to venture in an area that I have not explored. Through Art I am free to express my creativity. The current background was a set up that was used in ramps for a show of fixie bikers. I am using the different backgrounds I find while I explore San Francisco: in sculptures, public graffiti’s, buildings etc
This photo was taken by my dad and editing by him. But even though he takes the pictures we travel all over the world together taking amazing photos more of his photos will be out soon

Similar images

This photo has 0 comments.