Home > Art / Photo > Pen & Ink > Jared Leto: A Side Profile

Jared Leto: A Side Profile

Report abuse
Description:
A side profile I rendered of actor/singer Jared Leto from 30 Seconds To Mars. Honestly, I just couldn't get over the awesome neon pink mohawk, though this piece was done in grayscale. Just crazy. :)...(more »)

More by this contributor
About this contributor

This art/photo has 2 comments. Post your own now!

TheShyOne This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is pretty much the most awesome thing I've ever seen. Haha, okay, so maybe not, but it's pretty close. This is a great sketch! It looks really realistic....my one piece of advice would be to be careful about the shading of the background, because sometimes it can actually make your drawing look flatter. That being said, I had to search for anything to really critique. This is great. 

MyConstRuctd_IdentiTy replied...
Thank you for commenting on this; very few people comment, they often just rate, which is fine, too, but I truly appreciate the criticism. It helps make me a better artist. I originally was going to do no background shading, however, because his shadow is only on one side, his body/shirt would have blended on the right side; I couldn't differentiate between the two because they were both white white. So I added shading in just that corner, but thought it would look weird if I didn't do an even s... (more »)