Home > Art / Photo > Pen & Ink > The Performance

The Performance

Report abuse
Description:
Don't be anyone's puppet. Dance to your own choreography!

More by this contributor
About this contributor

This art/photo has 22 comments. Post your own!

fefe1996 said...
I love the idea behind it! I really like this! :) good job

ChessyNikkole said...
I Love That Its Unique! :)

maxxykat94 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
love the idea behind it

EmilyRosebudThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 7, 2011 at 3:06 pm :
Thanks!! Thank you sooo much everybody for the nice critique!

mermaidagainstthemoon98This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
this is so cool :)

Alon_Freevoice said...
Aug. 1, 2011 at 6:54 am:
Conceptual and very meaningful. Great work!!! :)))

DeepCee said...
Jul. 30, 2011 at 11:22 am:
this has a wonderful message, and beautiful talent. i love the details, especially on the dress and hair.

shadowriderThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 28, 2011 at 12:44 pm:
I love it! The detail and expression is amazing! I love the dress, it's so well done! Absolutely amazing piece! You made the strings look very realistic! Wonderful Artwork! I love the message behind it!

dawnof17 said...
Jul. 27, 2011 at 6:47 pm:

Look at her right leg, (your left). If it was flat beside her other one, it would be much longer. The knee would even be lower.

BUT, enough of those comments. I've showed up again in front of your nose to tell you I like it. I tried once, but the comment didn't show up. That skirt on her....no words. It's perfect. I like the shape of her head, it gives feeling, and her hair is done well too. I wish I could post some of my drawings on her but I don't know how to. They're the wrong type ... (more »)

Aug. 7, 2011 at 3:10 pm :
Thanks!!! And sorry I haven't commented earlier--I tried but teenink was fudged up for the past few weeks and I haven't been able to comment on anything at all. Hmph. But anyway, what computer do you use? I use a PC, Windows, whatev, so if you do too then I'll probably be able to help. And what type file are your images now?

dawnof17 replied...
Aug. 7, 2011 at 4:01 pm :
They're bitmap images if that gives you any clue how to help. How OTHER can I possibly scan them?

Aug. 7, 2011 at 8:21 pm :
Ohhhhh. Okay. Yeah the EXACT same thing happened to me! So, what I did is I opened the image with Photoshop Elements Editor. It should be supported and show up if it's bitmap. Go to Images in the top bar/menu thing, go to Mode under that, and then a list with Bitmap and other modes should extend out. Bitmap is currently checkmarked. Click Grayscale instead. Then you can go to File and save it as a JPEG. Ta da!!! I think that should work. I haven't done it in a while but I just went on Photo... (more »)

dawnof17 replied...
Aug. 8, 2011 at 7:28 am :
wow thanks. i found where to change it to a JPEG but im not sure it changed. i'll see! thanks heaps:)

dawnof17 replied...
Aug. 8, 2011 at 7:42 am :
i opened it on microsoft office picture manager, clicked "type" on the "bar/menu thingy" and found all the types. i check-marked the JPEG file and clicked "ok" then closed the picture. it's STILL silly old bitmap. i found nothing about grayscale, or images or modes. GR!

Aug. 8, 2011 at 11:30 am :
Oh so you don't have photoshop? That's the only way I know how to do it. Sorry :/  Maybe, if worst comes to worst, you can just take a picture of your art? I used to scan mine too, but then my mom lost the CD for the scanner and we couldn't hook it up to our new computer, so I couldn't use it. Now I just take pictures with a crappy camera but it works out fine. Good luck :D

dawnof17 replied...
Aug. 8, 2011 at 5:52 pm :
saaaaaaaaddddddddd..................

Aug. 8, 2011 at 8:10 pm :
Take picturres! It'll work better than you think! Just improve the brightness and contrast of the image in whatever editor you have, and it will look almost just as good. Promise :)))

dawnof17 replied...
Aug. 8, 2011 at 11:45 pm :
I'm a Holdeman Mennonite; we don't take pictures. But I'll scratch cooperation out of this computer yet. I may be 90 by that time, but I plan to show you my stuff:} Thanx fer your help!

Aug. 9, 2011 at 10:21 am :
Oh no prob! But sorry it didn't help much. I hope it all works out soon enough!

dawnof17 replied...
Aug. 9, 2011 at 10:53 am :
I'm gona squoosh my stuff on da screen and he'll wish he had obeyed long ago:)