Home > Art / Photo > Pen & Ink > I have traveled so long to find you

I have traveled so long to find you

Report abuse
Description:
This image appeared in my mind in the middle of the night a while ago, and I (rather impulsively) decided that I simply MUST get it on paper, somehow. I found that this drawing was the result.

More by this contributor
About this contributor

This art/photo has 11 comments. Post your own now!

leafy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dec. 22, 2011 at 9:46 am
IamtheshyStargirl is right, this lovey sketch depicts an interesting story. It is wonderfully abstract, but it all flows smoothly together. Raven, is there anything you cannot do?

LondonEye This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oh, so you're an artist as well as a writer, eh? :) This is very well done. The most interesting ideas come to us during the delirium of night!

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...

A half-decent artist, I think. :)

Many thanks for your compliments.

savetheplanet replied...
I like the eye the best.  You are so very talented!  A writer AND an artist.  I like to draw as well I just feel it's too much of a hassled to get a drawing I did on paper onto TeenInk.

IamtheshyStargirl said...
Jul. 11, 2011 at 11:19 am

Wow, this is so beautifully abstract, yet skillfully woven together, not unlike your poetry.

I love looking at it.

IamtheshyStargirl replied...
Jul. 11, 2011 at 11:21 am
The story behind it is beautiful and intriguing, so many of mankinds best (and maybe, sometimes, worst) ideas appear out of nowhere in the middle of the night. I wonder what this means?

IamtheshyStargirl replied...
(P.S. BTW, My mom was peering over my shoulder as I was looking over your profile, and she says hasn't seen another teenager plumbing the depths of the universe the way you are in a long time.)

How very kind of you! I'm elated that you saw a story in it; I try to tell stories in whatever I do. This is the first drawing I made when I decided to dabble in surrealism. I showed it to my art teacher, who thought I was crazy.

I suppose that night is when a man is most removed from society, and closest to his own heart. So perhaps, when the ideas seem to be granted from afar, they are actually from within!

Well, (I say, adjusting the straps of my overalls), the universe needed a plumber.

Be sure to give your mom my warmest regards.

leafy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Dec. 22, 2011 at 9:44 am
Raven, that has got to be one of my favorite quotes, it literally made me laugh out loud ^_^

IamtheshyStargirl replied...
Raven is incredibly quotable, you will find :)