Home > Art / Photo > Pen & Ink > Face proportions practice

Face proportions practice

Report abuse
Description:
just some Face proportions practice... HB,2B Graphite 10min

More by this contributor
About this contributor

This art/photo has 11 comments. Post your own now!

YEAHNIGGAYEA said...
Sept. 24, 2014 at 11:47 am
this the first time u ever pick up a pencil before 

1Timothy412This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
actually it is!  You see, my hand was severely damaged saving orphans from a  Building fire. since my rehabilitation my OT therapist encouraged me to not only try to see again but to draw.... I can't thank the therapists from Sunny Shaddy Oaks Therapy Hospital for the inspiration. This is a Picture  of my therapist....I think. Afterall things are a little blurry still.

Extraterrestrial said...
Sept. 22, 2014 at 11:22 am
I think you can work on the shading some more... try to add shadows in the face area, since a person's face is never smooth as marble. The nose bridge, areas under the eyes and mouth, etc. should create shadows. Push the dark tones more, so you can add more volume to the hair, for instance. On the subject of hair, it also looks a little stiff, especially the hair right above the head. Nevertheless, this is a good start and you've managed to capture her expression very well, which can be ... (more »)

Thank you for your input. I can see where i need to work on the hair (not my best area, never has been), as far as the shading this was a quick face proportions practice and didnt take much time on the dark tones. I agree on a face is never that smooth (only in dreams and mag.s) I am truly greatful for your imput and will take all of it in to consideration on my next drawing. Thank You :) 

JRaye This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Not much of an artist myself, but here we go...:) I think the shading in this girls face is PERFECT, honestly - could never get it that good in my art class. Also the eyes, nose, and mouth looks super realistic...I would suggest you work on improving hair. Where her hair is in relation to the face is too, but the hair itself could be better. Hopefully this helps - good luck Picasio! :-p :)

Wow, thank you! I agree on the hair... its not my stong point. Thank you for the feedback it does help to hear where i can be better!

Micheal G. said...
Mneaw!

Micheal G. said...
HA HA

Liv.HarrisThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow... Practice... I feel bad about my "Painting" now lol.                                                                        ... (more »)

Starlight99 said...
This is a really good drawing:-) I can't really critique or anything cause I can barely draw stick people . But this drawing looks really good.

Iamwhoiam16 said...
That's a great drawing