Decay

Report abuse
Description:
Used soft pastels

This art/photo has 11 comments. Post your own!

Deej6595 said...
The title just hits you hard. I love the skull just on the table this reminds me of old Renaissance paintings.

PumpkinscoutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is awesome! I know from experience at *trying* to use soft pastels that this level of realism is quite an amazing acheivement...this is a picture to be proud of :)

Hamcity replied...
Oct. 14, 2011 at 8:37 pm :
Thanks! I had no pastel pencils at the time I made this piece, so it was harder than it should have been. XD

Lyrics said...
The simplicity of this really caught my eye, great work (:

Hamcity replied...
Oct. 13, 2011 at 2:05 am :
Thanks! Tried to put some detail into the skull, but made sure the overall structure wasn't too complicated for the piece.

BlueBubbles95 said...
Sept. 30, 2011 at 5:16 am:
Cool, wish i could draw skulls like that!

Hamcity replied...
Oct. 13, 2011 at 2:05 am :
it's very possible, just draw them several times. XD

ShortStuffKari said...
I've always loved the look of skulls in artwork. No, i am not dark, i just find skulls intensely beautiful and detailed. You totally captured the wonder of what makes a face look like a face.

Hamcity replied...
Sept. 28, 2011 at 2:20 pm :
Thank you, I love skulls as well, simply for the same reasons as yours. Also, drawing skulls helps me to find the basic structure for drawing heads, hah hah.

leafyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Ooh I really like this! I love pastels (although i prefer oil over soft) and this is truly amazing! I love the shading, it was very well done. 5/5

Hamcity replied...
Sept. 28, 2011 at 2:23 pm :
Thanks! I should probably work more with oils as well, although I am a soft pastel kind of person.