Decay

Report abuse
Description:
Used soft pastels

This art/photo has 12 comments. Post your own now!

noor_nikkiThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 8 at 1:06 am
I love it!! so cool! so detailed! i suck at art hehe so when i see something so awesome like yours i can't help it but think you're super talented! Its really beautiful!

Deej6595 said...
The title just hits you hard. I love the skull just on the table this reminds me of old Renaissance paintings.

Pumpkinscout said...
This is awesome! I know from experience at *trying* to use soft pastels that this level of realism is quite an amazing acheivement...this is a picture to be proud of :)

Hamcity replied...
Thanks! I had no pastel pencils at the time I made this piece, so it was harder than it should have been. XD

Lyrics said...
The simplicity of this really caught my eye, great work (:

Hamcity replied...
Oct. 13, 2011 at 2:05 am
Thanks! Tried to put some detail into the skull, but made sure the overall structure wasn't too complicated for the piece.

BlueBubbles95 said...
Sept. 30, 2011 at 5:16 am
Cool, wish i could draw skulls like that!

Hamcity replied...
Oct. 13, 2011 at 2:05 am
it's very possible, just draw them several times. XD

ShortStuffKari said...
I've always loved the look of skulls in artwork. No, i am not dark, i just find skulls intensely beautiful and detailed. You totally captured the wonder of what makes a face look like a face.

Hamcity replied...
Thank you, I love skulls as well, simply for the same reasons as yours. Also, drawing skulls helps me to find the basic structure for drawing heads, hah hah.

leafy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Ooh I really like this! I love pastels (although i prefer oil over soft) and this is truly amazing! I love the shading, it was very well done. 5/5

Hamcity replied...
Thanks! I should probably work more with oils as well, although I am a soft pastel kind of person.