Home > Art / Photo > Pastels > Sisters

Sisters This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Report abuse
Description:
A girl peruses the newspaper while her sister stretches on a chair behind her.

This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. This piece has also been published in Teen Ink's monthly print magazine.

More by this contributor
About this contributor

This art/photo has 5 comments. Post your own!

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 2 at 9:02 am:
Oh My! Such a wonderful pastel drawing...Plus I can feel the depth in the image...I mean I can truly see how this is just one those everyday moments between two sisters that love eachother and I love how the lack of detail gives it such a vivid effect...

grandma said...
Apr. 9 at 9:57 am:
the painting looks like the girls  and I can add that they are very close. I love them both Grandma

beautifulspiritThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 14 at 10:26 am:
It's like a snapshot of how sisters are when they are just being themselves. This piece has me wondering if these sisters have a distant relationship---because they aren't even looking at each other---or is their bond so close that they can just hang out, nothing needs to be said or they are just comfortable with each other?

curlew77This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Mar. 16 at 11:50 am :
Thank you for your comment-- it is very intuitive. This piece is of my sister and I, and we have a close bond, so your second guess is pretty accurate about our relationship.

longisland replied...
Apr. 19 at 7:56 am :
This piece and the other work of the artist are phenomenal.  Beyond the beauty on the canvas, it communicates a story and spirit.