Sisters MAG

By curlew77 BRONZE, Pleasantville, New York
curlew77 BRONZE, Pleasantville, New York

A girl peruses the newspaper while her sister stretches on a chair behind her.

Similar images

This art/photo has 5 comments.

on May. 2 2013 at 9:02 am
SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

Oh My! Such a wonderful pastel drawing...Plus I can feel the depth in the image...I mean I can truly see how this is just one those everyday moments between two sisters that love eachother and I love how the lack of detail gives it such a vivid effect...

longisland said...
on Apr. 19 2013 at 7:56 am
This piece and the other work of the artist are phenomenal.  Beyond the beauty on the canvas, it communicates a story and spirit.

grandma said...
on Apr. 9 2013 at 9:57 am
the painting looks like the girls  and I can add that they are very close. I love them both Grandma

on Mar. 16 2013 at 11:50 am
Thank you for your comment-- it is very intuitive. This piece is of my sister and I, and we have a close bond, so your second guess is pretty accurate about our relationship.

on Mar. 14 2013 at 10:26 am
beautifulspirit PLATINUM, Alpharetta, Georgia

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
--Eleanor Roosevelt

It's like a snapshot of how sisters are when they are just being themselves. This piece has me wondering if these sisters have a distant relationship---because they aren't even looking at each other---or is their bond so close that they can just hang out, nothing needs to be said or they are just comfortable with each other?

MacMillan Books

Aspiring Writer? Take Our Online Course!