Home > Art / Photo > Other Images > War Paint

War Paint

Report abuse
Description:

More by this contributor
About this contributor

This art/photo has 8 comments. Post your own!

SandWitch said...
Mar. 8, 2012 at 1:36 am:

Nice job with the eye's emotion! She truly looks like a warrior, and the eye just gives everything a fiery, yet cold feel!

First off, the composition is great! The hair frames the face and the blood nicely. The eye falls almost exactly on one of the intersections of the thirds, and is very detailed and well-done! The iris' orange color reminds me of a flame, which really enhances the emotion of this piece. Although the eye is beautifully painted, it makes the rest of the image look a l... (more »)

valkyrjan replied...
Mar. 8, 2012 at 7:42 am :
Wow thank you so much for all the advice! o_o My art teacher has always said that I struggle with composition haha. I don't how to do all of those things on photoshop but I think you're definitely right about the focus. I'll keep that in mind in my next piece :)

Birder said...
Feb. 26, 2012 at 5:36 pm:
This is really good! Wish I could draw faces like that. The shadowing was done perfectly. Keep up the good work!

sigillumzaraki replied...
Feb. 26, 2012 at 10:22 pm :
Thank you! I was actually not sure if I liked the shadowing/if there was even enough of it, so I appreciate the compliment.

Birder replied...
Feb. 27, 2012 at 1:28 pm :
What did you make it with? I can't figure out if it's like paint or pastels or what. D:

valkyrjan replied...
Feb. 27, 2012 at 4:00 pm :
I used my tablet to make it on photoshop :)

Loki17 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 26, 2012 at 2:41 pm:
This reminds me of Princess Mononoke :)  Love the eye.  Rule #4: always check out Bee's work, cause it's insane.  And the list goes on...

sigillumzaraki replied...
Feb. 26, 2012 at 10:20 pm :
Ha the eye is what I spent the most time on. This took way too long though XD