To the sky | Teen Ink

To the sky

This is the result after reading a rather sad story, where a hopeful character was let down by fate.

Similar images

This art has 5 comments.

on May. 23 2012 at 7:48 am
artangel BRONZE, Paola, Kansas

"It's easy to forgive others their mistakes; it takes more grit and gumption to forgive them for having witnessed your own." ~ Jessamyn West

Thanks! And no I don't mind :) Just make sure you didn't claim it as your own xD

Poet123 BRONZE said...
Poet123 BRONZE, Austin, Texas
Oops sorry! I meant Anja! Not Mala!

Poet123 BRONZE said...
Poet123 BRONZE, Austin, Texas
This is beautiful! I hope you don't mind, but for an English project, we had to find artwork connecting to a character in Maus. I feel like this picture connects beautfully to that of the character Mala from the comic book. Great job! 

on Mar. 5 2012 at 8:38 am
artangel BRONZE, Paola, Kansas

I drew the side-profile first in 4H pencil, and then lightly shaded in the areas that were supposed to be the darkest with the same pencil. Then, I used lighter and darker shades of blue for the eyes, and worked on the next darkest thing :the flower.

After the flower was done, I used normal graphite pencils to shade the picture in black and white values. After that, I went in with water color paint and touched up on the eyes and the flower and the lips.

Once the face and the flower was completed, I painted in the hair, and added the thick gray strip in the back to help differentiate the face from the white paper :)

Kai17 GOLD said...
Kai17 GOLD, Spokane, Washington

*beepbeep*
"Where to, Miss?"
"To the stars."

This is really cool! How did you make it?