Monrichaia | Teen Ink

Monrichaia

By King_Nothing GOLD, Tampa, Florida
King_Nothing GOLD, Tampa, Florida

"Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less." Robert E. Lee
"Fairy tales are more than true -- not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten." - G.K. Chesterton

For just about ten years, I have found an escape in a world created by me and my friends. A world of fantasy and wonder, where warriors stood toe-to-toe with gods, and lived to tell the tale. A world where a handful of children could imagine themselves as those same epic warriors. I can remember it like it was yesterday, and I would never give up those memories for anything.
As we grew older, we began to think the games we would play in this world were silly, and soon stopped doing so; we would only do it in an out of the way place, where none could see us, and more to reminisce than to enjoy the world. We didn't know it, but the world was fading away, and we didn't care.
And then I found my passion.
In middle school, I decided that I wanted to be a writer, to craft worlds for myself and others to explore. And the first few stories I made were based on those first few games we would play, and soon developed into it's own world, completely new to our old world yet oddly familiar.
And today, I finally brought the world to life. At last, I have gotten the world all together, and crafted a map of our world. Over ten years in the making, this map shows where all of the great epics we crafted, and the ones I hope to craft, take place.
And I hope, more than anything, for others to find a home here as well one day.

Similar images

This art has 0 comments.