Home > Art / Photo > Oil Paintings > Death Of My Art Teacher

Death Of My Art Teacher This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Report abuse
Description:
Challenge Create a work of art that uses emotion. I selected to create a self-portrait that illistrated the great loss of my wonderful art teacher, Ms. Robin West! The loss of someone so great to the evils of Cancer is one of the greatest tragedies of my young life.

This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. This piece has also been published in Teen Ink's monthly print magazine.

More by this contributor

This art/photo has 14 comments. Post your own now!

Pinipi said...
Nov. 26, 2011 at 3:32 am

Your art teacher would be very proud of you.

I'm sorry. :(

WindDancer said...
I can tell your teacher would be very proud. This is magnificent.

MariaCF said...

I'm sure your teacher would be proud to know you're using your grief in an artistic way. I can tell there's a lot of emotion in this.

I'm really sorry about your art teacher.

PerfectMGymnast This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
wow! this is amazing! i can totally feel the emotion! great job!! And i'm sorry for your loss!

SKN17 said...
Sept. 10, 2010 at 6:15 am
Whoaaa, it's filled with emotion and so much beauty :) Well done :)

Pillow said...
Jul. 15, 2010 at 12:19 am
I really like this. Really pretty. I love the use of color, no matter how cheesy that sounds.

IamtheStargirl said...
This is terribly beautiful, you really captured the emotion well! I salute you!

JessicaRiann said...
May 9, 2010 at 11:38 am

Ohmy- my art teacher just died of cancer too.

:[

onlyiz said...
this is very earnest.
to me, the pain you must of felt shows itself as so momentus in such a direct respect to who she was as a teacher and an artist.
i know i never knew her; but i think she would be proud. and i hope you move through your grief when you're ready. and always keep painting.

Shelby D. R. said...
Oct. 10, 2009 at 2:24 am
When I think of the soul of the artist, I always come back to this painting. You make me hurt when I feel the loss of an individual who helped change your world (and others) for good. You honor those who toil in the noble profession.

Tyler L. said...
Oct. 5, 2009 at 12:19 am
Very Moving!
Soul of an Artist! Work Of Excellence!

Christof W. said...
Oct. 2, 2009 at 2:40 am
I remember when Mrs. West died of Cancer. I was moved by all of the wonderful things her students said of her at the funeral. Yet this work of art says more than I heard that day. What a wonderful tribute!!!

GoldenGirl This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
OH WOW. That is so sad, but your art is so beautiful. I am so sure that if your art teacher could see this, she would be very, very proud!

tessa G. said...
Amazing Work Of Art!