Home > Art / Photo > Oil Paintings > The Young Man

The Young Man

Report abuse
Description:
This is a realistic oil portrait, completed from life, of a young man.
Tags: teens

More by this contributor
About this contributor

This art/photo has 8 comments. Post your own now!

ElkieLion This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
That's cool!

artist22 replied...
Thank you!

runner1This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 2, 2012 at 9:05 am
My first thought...Van Gogh's self-portraits. You have painted this person's soul.

artist22 replied...
Thank you!

beautifulspiritThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
As I said before, I believe your style is similar to those of the Impressionists. Looking at this image, I'm reminded of Van Gogh. I like how the figure doesn't look out at the viewer, but contemplating or he looks like he's contemplating on a subject.

artist22 replied...
Thank you!!! I really love Realism and Impressionism, so I'd agree that I tend to blend the two together :)

callie15 said...
This is one of my favorite pieces from you! C'mon, you have to know that you're good. Do I need to explain ;)

artist22 replied...
Thanks a lot! I really appreciate it! :)