Watching

Report abuse
Description:
About three weeks of work at one hour a day, five days a week. The image I painted from is the cover of the book Ascendant by Diana Peterfreund. I must point out that because of the way the camera took the picture and the lighting of the room, the colors aren't true to the actual painting.

More by this contributor
About this contributor

This art/photo has 11 comments. Post your own!

lollypop said...
theres something so pure about this painting! i absolutely love it! awsum job ;)

musicispassion said...
Jul. 24, 2011 at 2:49 pm:
beautiful ans i'm gonna look up the cover right now good job congrats on the great work

musicispassion replied...
Jul. 24, 2011 at 2:51 pm :
it's super accurate i just  looked it up

PrettyInside said...
Jun. 3, 2011 at 1:02 pm:
This is so amazing, you should feel so proud of your skills. I would love to be able to paint something as wonderful as this!

dreamxentertainThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 24, 2011 at 7:19 pm:
i love, love, love this! it looks flawless! reminds me of alice in wonderland :)

AddictedToWriting replied...
Feb. 25, 2011 at 6:27 pm :
Thank you so much!!  This was my first attempt at portrait painting, and it's so great to get such positive feedback on it!  ^_^

Sis94 said...
Feb. 17, 2011 at 12:51 pm:

OMG looks gr8 i love it 

AddictedToWriting replied...
Feb. 17, 2011 at 6:27 pm :
Thanks a ton!!  :)

Aidyl replied...
Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:13 pm :
this is really cool, I like it even more than the actual book cover :) love her eyes

AddictedToWriting replied...
Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:00 pm :
Thanks so much!!  Yeah, I actually spent a day and a half on that eye.  Crazy how many colors are actually in an eye that we look at and call 'green'.

Sis94 replied...
Feb. 28, 2011 at 3:29 pm :
i love the fact that it has so much detail in it the eyes the face and the hair .