Home > Art / Photo > Oil Paintings > Give in to the Gorgeous.

Give in to the Gorgeous.

Report abuse
Description:
Collaged in the background are phrases, words, and collections of poetry relevant to the section of the “life cycle” they are behind. The pot represents the body and containment of the mind and...(more »)

More by this contributor
About this contributor

This art/photo has 2 comments. Post your own now!

TashawnMC said...
hallo! Its prettyful! but i think that all of the stuff you wrote about it in the description, should've been more clear in the painting. Because the picture is supposed to be worth more words than the description. A rule of thumb of mine. And there are always exceptions(art for arts sake and what not). But this is not an exception, because clearly it had a meaning and a background. And that should've shown more in the painting. My overall rating is 2*. :) (Its looks great! a... (more »)

SarahO This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Symbolism, looking back at art history, and that I've adopted, isn't supposed to be completely obvious and written across the page in front of everyone's face. I paint what I feel, and it has my own meaning to me, but the viewer is supposed to interpret it themselves, incorporate their own life experiences and knowledge and make their own meaning. The only reason I put mine up is in case people were curious. Even taking something as traditional as Van Eyck's "The Arnolfini Marriage" not everyone... (more »)