New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

Home > Art / Photo > Oil Paintings > Sunset over a pond

Sunset over a pond

Report abuse

More by this contributor
About this contributor

This art/photo has 8 comments. Post your own!

_AMZ_ said...
Jul. 18, 2010 at 10:36 pm:
This is so beautiful :) Have you worked with oils for a long time now? You show some real talent and technique with them in this piece. Love the drama you create with the contrasting colors of a sunset on dark waters. It is beautiful!!

KatiKat replied...
Jul. 19, 2010 at 11:37 am :
Thanks! I've been working with oils for a few years, on and off. I also have done some acrylic work. I like them both but I like oils better :)

_AMZ_ replied...
Jul. 19, 2010 at 3:43 pm :
yea, I work with acrylics, I posted some of my paintings online if you want to check them out. I have yet to try oil, but I want to. If you have any advice, please share!

KatiKat replied...
Jul. 20, 2010 at 7:26 pm :
Emm... oils dry very slowly, so don't even think about working quickly ;) jk... although they do dry really slowly. I often like that they dry slowly. It gives time to work with it before it dries and it also lets you work with it at varied stages of its drying process. I also like the consistency of oils a lot. The problem with oils is that they are toxic, mostly because of the paint thinner. You need really good ventilation. I like both acrylics and oils but I really do like oils a lot. Hope t... (more »)

_AMZ_ replied...
Jul. 21, 2010 at 5:08 pm :
It was. Thank you :)

KatiKat replied...
Jul. 23, 2010 at 10:41 am :
Oh good. I'm glad

i.ll_be_fine_899This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 18, 2010 at 4:48 pm:
heyo, its you ^^ ..im just looking at some artwork on that sidebar thing.. n this is soo beautiful.. i love the light in the clouds :)

KatiKat replied...
Jul. 18, 2010 at 7:06 pm :
Thanks :) I took the picture for this photo at a campground in Rhode Island. I'm glad you like it.