New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

Home > Art / Photo > Oil Paintings > Similar to Myself

Similar to Myself

Report abuse
Description:
This isn't oil paint...it is actually acrylic. This painting is of me, I pulled up a picture on my desktop and got out my art supplies...sat about 50 feet away for the monitor and decided to make a...(more »)

More by this contributor
About this contributor

This art/photo has 9 comments. Post your own!

KatiKat said...
Jul. 20, 2010 at 7:44 pm:
 I really like how you made the color dripping down onto the face. It's really well done!

_AMZ_ replied...
Jul. 21, 2010 at 5:07 pm :
Haha, thanks.I don't know why I did that. It was like 11:00 or 12:00 at night when I painted it so I was tired...and wanted to do something different I guess

saher said...
Jul. 18, 2010 at 4:07 pm:

The lips are really nicely done!

_AMZ_ replied...
Jul. 18, 2010 at 10:05 pm :
Thank you. The mouth area is usually one of the most difficult things for me to do. I'm glad you say this one turned out well :)

BriannaMinniie said...
Jun. 18, 2010 at 10:52 pm:
your work is truly amazing, your good with paint im jelous, how do you make good looking skin color in paint, cause i always make skin color in paint look bad hahaha

_AMZ_ replied...
Jun. 19, 2010 at 1:57 am :

usually I will have a few different colors that I will be constantly mixing...I will have the tan base color, a yellow color, a darker brown, white and a red...If you want a skintone to look real, you need that yellow in there to bring it to life and the red too (but i don't use red too often). The dark brown is for shadow, the white is for highlights (you can use a bit of yellow in those areas too) and the base color (tan) is obviously what you will use to transition between lights and darks... (more »)

BriannaMinniie replied...
Jun. 19, 2010 at 11:49 am :
thanxx this is gonna help me lot thank you :)

CourtneyH said...
Jun. 15, 2010 at 9:13 am:
This is really good!

_AMZ_ replied...
Jun. 15, 2010 at 5:46 pm :

well, tank you so much :)

i think itsa bit creepy haha