Home > Art / Photo > Oil Paintings > Half Dead Half Alive

Half Dead Half Alive

Report abuse
Description:
This tree is half dead and half alive and is separated by a branch that grew up between the two halves.

More by this contributor

This art/photo has 19 comments. Post your own!

Deej6595 said...
That's so good. it reminds me of the wind blown tree in The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls. Glad to see your work.

maizyiscrazy said...
Apr. 14, 2012 at 8:03 am:

Hey Bryna B!

So can you clear some things up for everyone, please? This is a fantastic piece, photo or painting, but a lot of us are confused. No harm done if it was a painting, you are still a fantastic photographer! And if this is an oil, then WOW!!!

FakesmileThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 1, 2012 at 1:14 pm:
This looks amazing! I thought it was a photograph at first and not a painting. Great, great job!!!!! I wish i had art skills like you do!!!

Meaghan_Elise said...
Dec. 4, 2011 at 10:34 am:
Well, whatever it is, it's amazing<3 I love it!

CrazyBroadwayGirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Um not to be rude, but this isn't an oil painting is it? I think you must have accidently put this as an oil painting. Even so, this picture is beautiful and says so much! I love pictures like this with deeper meanings.

LAChelle said...
Jul. 11, 2011 at 9:13 am:
this is a very good painting..you must be very talented with painting/drawing...i wish i was this great...i am not that gifted in painting..but writing, yes...that is my gifted talent..but not the only..;)    *if thought fictional picture..you must be very talented*[i would be very happyX)]

AddictedToWriting said...
Feb. 21, 2011 at 4:07 pm:

Hmmm...It's a nice photo, but there's no way it can physically be a painting--brushes just don't get small enough.

If it is indeed a photo, I ask that you please move it to the 'photos' section of the website.

If I'm wrong, and it is a painting, then I apologize for the misunderstanding.  If this is the case, please let me know and I will try to remove my comment.  Also, let me know where you found such a small detail brush.  :)

Misamandajones said...
I don't think this is a painting.... it's a really nice photo though  :)

Death_W said...
Sept. 20, 2010 at 9:44 am:
50/50 on life

EleanorRigby This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this is so  not a painting

thetiedyecrayon replied...
Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:20 am :
How do you know? Is it really fair to say that it's not a painting if you don't know? If you do, sorry for the misunderstanding.

EleanorRigby This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:59 pm :
this is my opinion. i have never seen a painting with such clarity done entirely in sepia. i just find it very hard to believe. if it is a painting, i will be extremely surprised.

thetiedye replied...
Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:05 pm :
I agree that it is a stunning painting that looks like it's not (In some ways, I'm hoping it's not--that might make me break down to tears thinking someone can draw that good). Sorry for the misunderstanding.

ZAVERY said...
Mar. 28, 2010 at 3:17 pm:

OH-MY-GOD! This is such a work of art! I am serious, you need to get this published somewhere, because it is stupendous!

P.S Can you people plz read and comment on some of my work?

IamtheStargirl replied...
Jun. 17, 2010 at 7:44 pm :
I'll read and comment.

mkgirl395 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:00 pm:
this cannot physically be a painting!
why did you submit it as an oil painting??

kasey.camille said...
You PAINTED THIS?! It is absolutely amazing. I could have sworn that this was a picture! You are very, very, talented.

darawhite14 said...
Oct. 7, 2009 at 10:31 am:
this photo is so beautiful i love it it is like it is so peaceful

TigerLynn said...
I love your explanation of it, it's interesting.