Home > Art / Photo > Oil Paintings > My Mom's Cup of Tea

My Mom's Cup of Tea

Report abuse
Description:
While the traditional Mother's day gift would be a bouquet of flowers, I chose to paint my mother a cup of lemon tea. It had been a stressful year for my mother, especially with the build-up of my dad's...(more »)

More by this contributor
About this contributor

This art/photo has 5 comments. Post your own!

MichealMulkeyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 10:48 am:
It is a class that I have taken. I am sure you are able to look it up somehow. It is pretty interesting, you should look into it, its kind of hard to explain.  

Nov. 14 at 10:34 am:
I believe the reasoning behind this piece is well thought out and reasonable. Although, the painting itself wasnt quite succesful expressing the emotions you were aiming for. The vibrant colors of the fruit, usually symbolizes an excitement throughout the piece. In this case, the lemon symbolizes peace and tranquility, although you did give description, in further work, make it known through the sybolization and calm colors and relaxed hand motions rather than "choppy" values and detai... (more »)

MichealMulkeyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Nov. 14 at 10:36 am :
Overall, good work. P.S work on "Drawing with the Left side of the Brain"

EugiiThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Nov. 24 at 3:42 pm :
Thank you for your feedback! I am going to think a lot more about how I can represent the purpose of a piece during the process of painting now. 

Nov. 24 at 4:01 pm :
What do you mean by "drawing with the left side of the brain," by the way?