Ashes to Engines | Teen Ink

Ashes to Engines

By Moldova, Whiting, New Jersey
Moldova, Whiting, New Jersey

That's kickin'

A Conceptual landscape!

I originally just had the mountain with the fiery clouds but it seemed too...I don't know...plain. (Yeah, a fiery, ashy mountain can appear plain xD) so I started doodling some lines, not really being attentive until I formed a ship-like shape and went from there.

I did use a some Star War starship pictures to get some of the basic ship lighting down (like the windshield part and the lasers) but I think it came out well. I have a feeling I'll be using these kind of ships again so I should think of a name ;D

Photoshop Cs3. A good 2 days.

Similar images

This art has 3 comments.

Canvas said...
on May. 23 2011 at 1:27 pm
Canvas, NA, Other

All cartoon characters and fables must be exaggeration, caricatures. It is the very nature of fantasy and fable.
Walt Disney
I would rather entertain and hope that people learned something than educate people and hope they were entertained.
Walt Disney

Like I said, I could be wrong. XD It'd be easiest to toy around with if you had the highlights on a seperate layer and adjusted the hue to see how it looks, but I still think this looks amazing anyway. So you used photoshop?

Moldova said...
on May. 23 2011 at 1:25 pm
Moldova, Whiting, New Jersey

That's kickin'

Thank you! :D
And yeah, I reckon they would actually...hmm...
I was trying to make the ship still look metal and I know that metal reflects cooler colors.  But do you think if I made the reflective colors more of a light pink then an ice blue would be better?

Canvas said...
on May. 23 2011 at 1:04 am
Canvas, NA, Other

Walt Disney
Walt Disney

Very nice!! I love the colours.
Just a thought - and I could easily be wrong - but because of the sunset, wouldn't the highlights on the ship be of a warmer colour?