Charles Chickens | Teen Ink

Charles Chickens MAG

By MaryAQuiteContrary, Allen, Texas
MaryAQuiteContrary, Allen, Texas

This is Charles Chickens. He aspires to become a radio spokesperson, but unfortunately, he lives in the middle of nowhere, with no radio signal.

So, to keep his voice crisp, he reads aloud the only sensible text in his home: The extensive collection of Charles Dickens novels left behind by his mother.

His mother, being the dyslexic chicken farmer she was, came across a bookstore window display that featured Charles Dickens novels. She misread the name to be "Charles Chickens", the name of her late husband, and used her saved money to buy all the novels, thinking these were left for her as a mourning gift.

When his mother died, Charles Chickens was left behind the novels, and the entire chicken farm. Sadly, the chickens do not appreciate his voice, so they wear earmuffs.

Similar images

This art has 3 comments.

sacagawea BRONZE, Denton, Texas

"People do not drift toward Holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; we drift toward disobed

this is awesome! you should illustrate children's books! or even write and illustrate, because that lil story about Charles Chickens is adorable and punny:)

MaryAQuiteContrary, Allen, Texas
Thank you very much! (:

Moldova said...
on May. 18 2011 at 9:40 am
Moldova, Whiting, New Jersey

That's kickin'

I love the homey colors!