New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

Quite Sad This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Report abuse
By , powell, OH
Description:
I was quite sad, like the title says. Quick speedpaint in photoshop to lighten up though, always works. 3 minutes

This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. This piece has also been published in Teen Ink's monthly print magazine.

This art/photo has 8 comments. Post your own!

SkimKimchiThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 6, 2011 at 11:37 am:
                          Cute :3

Maddie26 said...
May 17, 2011 at 4:45 pm:

Nice 3 minute work =D

I would say it all looks good, especially the emotion, but the head looks a bit narrow.  The head should be the same width as it is height, when looking at it from profile.  But besides that, I really like it :)

J00SE replied...
May 17, 2011 at 7:15 pm :

Haha thanks. I wasn't paying too much attention to details since there were literally rivers pouring down my face while drawing this LOL. But, my mind isn't so clouded with negativity and I do see all the mistakes within this.

It's too bad I don't feel like fixing it up, but thanks for the critique, I always appreciate an opportunity to improve~.

Maddie26 replied...
May 18, 2011 at 3:30 pm :
Haha... this is kind of random but thanks for not being a jerk about my opinion because i know a lot of people that would have said something like "well i want to see you do better!" because they're so not open to others opinion.  Haha yeah... sorry if that's weird of me to say

J00SE replied...
May 19, 2011 at 7:08 am :

It's always my pleasure to take critique. As long as it's not stated in an over-exaggerated obnoxious way I won't take it offensively.

I noticed that most people on this site are kind of still in that beginner stage as an artist, I'm not calling myself an expert; but maybe just further down the road.

I don't mean to point out age in a bad way, but I feel that about half of the site should be out of this first stage considering their age.

Ahhhh maybe I'm just rambling abou... (more »)

Maddie26 replied...
May 19, 2011 at 4:08 pm :
I kind of feel the same way... I go to an art school and have been drawing for a while and when i heard of this website where i could post my art... i was excited... but some of the art on this site is a little begginerish... but i expect the people who drew the artwork are younger... probably like pre-teens... but i don't want to sound mean or anything becuase i love looking at other's art!

J00SE replied...
May 19, 2011 at 4:24 pm :

Haha, I'm actually pretty young myself, so I don't consider age to be that much of a difference when it comes to art (13), but it definitely has an impact on what people draw.

I don't really come onto this site often and updates will probably be seldom made considering how long editor's take to publish and how hard it is to get any type of attention here.

Maddie26 replied...
May 21, 2011 at 1:41 pm :
Yeah... i'm 15 and it took over a month for the editors to post my stuff... so i just kind of forgot about this site until recently