New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

Loyalty

Report abuse
Description:
haha I forgot to post the fullsize of this image

More by this contributor
About this contributor

This art/photo has 8 comments. Post your own!

IamtheStargirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
What's the story behind this? I am intrihued...

Jaytea replied...
Aug. 24, 2010 at 6:13 pm :
hey, thanks for the comments and rating. this is kind of an old picture but I'm still honored by the feedback n___n; anyway, I'm aware it's not very obvious but the picture depicts a character who has conflicting motivations. he's a mage who can show his "loyalty to his leader" with a mark on his hand, but at the same time, he's not so sure about it. he's torn between his sworn loyalty and his own greed to gain power and turn on his companions.

IamtheStargirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aug. 24, 2010 at 6:17 pm :

Wow.

Have you ever written the story down and submitted it to Teenink? I would love to read it.

Jaytea replied...
Aug. 24, 2010 at 8:04 pm :

haha thanks so much n___n!

I'd say I'm still writing it still sort of?? it's more of a novel than a one-shot... and I'm a terrible [and horribly indecisive] writer so I probably won't be submitting much writing on here. if you're interested though there's some more art related to the same story on my dA -- you can find it here minus the spaces -- http://mewoftheclouds .deviantart. com/gallery/#Shalite

Jaytea replied...
Aug. 24, 2010 at 8:08 pm :

haha thanks so much n___n! your comments just made my day<3

I'd say I'm still writing it still sort of?? it's more of a novel than a one-shot... and I'm a terrible [and horribly indecisive] writer so I probably won't be submitting much writing on here [also the publishing fine print sort of scares me slightly...]

apparently teenink doesn't like links so all I can say is if you're interested in it just google "mewoftheclouds shalite: prologue" and the first chapter will prob... (more »)

Aug. 24, 2010 at 9:10 pm :

Haha, I feel the same way with my writing often. I've been working on this one novel for a bout a year, and only have about three or four chapters done :)

I found the story :) I'm quite enjoying it, it's rather like Pillage and Eragon, in that is kinda centers around dragons. Er, well, has dragons in it :) And dragon riders.I really like your names in it, very creative. Are you going to write and post a second chapter anytime soon?

I'm glad I could bring a little joy into your d... (more »)

Jaytea replied...
Aug. 25, 2010 at 2:56 pm :

ah wow, you should try nanowrimo. I've been slaving away for two years and have over [revised] twenty chapters. I think I have to thank nano because after november I had about 100 pages that I could sit down and revise. it's insane but so worth it. what's yours about?

haha thank you so much |D I could say Eragon is an influence. the second [well, actually "first"] chapter is actually linked in my comments at the bottom of the chapter. [again, I would link it here, but my comments with ... (more »)

Aug. 25, 2010 at 4:06 pm :

Mine's about a Paranormal Quilt <Waggly eyebrow>

Yeah, Teenink doesn't allow links, not sure why, but it seems safe enough to me. You can always search things ;)