Real Life Food Fight | Teen Ink

Real Life Food Fight

By emenzel GOLD, Ho Ho Kus, New Jersey
emenzel GOLD, Ho Ho Kus, New Jersey

One of the steps I took in making this artwork was to be surreal as possible. By being as surreal
as possible meant to me that I had to think outside the box for this project. When looking for
images I knew to look for surrealistic images that don’t go to gather in reality. So after I found
my images I opened them up into Photoshop and started playing around with the tools. One thing
I needed to include in my artwork was lots of layers so I made sure to duplicate some of my
layers. Another adjustment I made was lowering the opacity. By lowing the opacity I could make
it look like some of my images were moving through my work. The last main tool I used in my artwork
was the quick selection tool. I used the quick selection tool to remove the background on
most of my images to make it look more surreal. An element I incorporated in my artwork as I
was working were Line because I wanted my meatball meteoroids to look like they were moving.
During this project I noticed that I was using a lot of reddish brown color and a white color
throughout my artwork. As I was creating my artwork I realized I used lots of circular objects.
The moon is circular, the earth is a half circle and the meteoroids are also circular.
The meaning that I want people to take away from this is that when food fights get out of hand
bad things can happen. This image represents the aftermath of a surrealistic food fight.

Similar images

This art has 0 comments.