Realist On My Right | Teen Ink

Realist On My Right

By ElleAhre PLATINUM, Gloucester, Massachusetts
ElleAhre PLATINUM, Gloucester, Massachusetts

"you can close your eyes to everything you do not want to see, but you can not close you heart to things you do not want to feel"

This face shows the perfectly fake facade put on for society on her left and the reality of her raw emotion on the left.

Tags: Emotion

Similar images

This art has 9 comments.

thx kittykibble so much for checking out my work and commenting, the support means alot. ill be sure to add some paintings soon (and kitty, this did sound very artistic lol ;)

hahaha thank you ljohonson! thx 4 all the appreciation and support and of course practice in the form of COUNTLESS paper games :)

I LOVE THIS PICTURE!!!!!!!!! Its truly amazing and I'm so jealous that you know how to draw so well. I love the emotion in her eyes and you must be a truly inspiring person if you can draw this. I'm a huge fan of all your work especially the drawings. My only critism is that you need to add some paintings! Im sure you can paint just as well so you should definatly think about that! :) -KittyKibble123

ljohnson9752 said...
ElleAhre: I LOVE this drawing. Absolutly LOVE it! Even the first time i saw it i loved it:) You are a truly amazing artist and i can't believe how great you've become! Who would've known that something like this amazing picture-open to the PUBLIC- could result from endless papergames?! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!

oops. ^ in responce to KitKat125's comment

thanks so much for your comment and im glad i could connect! ur right the description is pretty redundant (and i said both sides were the left. .  woops!) i appreciate your feedback and thank you again for taking the time to view and appreciate my work :)

KitKat125 SILVER, Somewhere, Indiana

"Always write first things uppermost in your heart." --Edgar Allen Poe

Brilliant idea- it's so true! The only critisism I can think of is that "fake facade" is extremely repetative. haha. Love the drawing! (:

thank so much for your comment i cantually started with just a face with sad eyes and when the tears only spilled on one side of it i just decided to show the other side of saddnes that most people see. it came to me as i went. thanks for the critisism, im recently coming out of a more cartoonish style so a havnt mastered faces quite yet but hopeful il get it! thx so much :)

byebye said...
on Nov. 22 2011 at 10:52 am
byebye, Nevermore, Other

Wow, this is an incredible picture. Did you have to cover each side to do the other? Just curious, I would probably have to.

Very strong emotion in the eyes. Even on the "perfect" left side she still looks a little sad in the eyes. Very very good job, I admire this.

I don't know if you were going for realism or not in this aspect, but the face does seem a little wide. Other than that though, "perfect"! :)