Grin Reaper | Teen Ink

Grin Reaper

By Got_Interest GOLD, Arnold, Maryland
Got_Interest GOLD, Arnold, Maryland

"Box falls out of sky, man falls out of box, man eats fish custard, and look at you- you're just sitting there."
-Matt Smith as The Doctor

Long story.. Just a character I came up with along with a bunch of other stuff. Basically the thought is, what if the Grim Reaper was actually someone who smiled a ton? It wouldn't be very appropriate to call him the Grim Reaper then, would it? So I called him, the Grin Reaper, which is just so much more fitting for this version of the carrier of death. I mean, come on! He can't be gloomy all the time. As for the random hands in the background, no one really knows where they came from -or who they belong to for that matter- they just are. When Grin needs something he just asks for it and they pop up and give it to him. Each hand has it's own individual personality though, and so the Grin Reaper gave each individual hand its own name. The ones pictured are called Lillith and Bob.

Similar images

This art has 5 comments.

--------- said...
---------, De Queen, Arkansas

---

Nice. Can't wait.

Got_Interest GOLD, Arnold, Maryland

-Matt Smith as The Doctor

Way ahead of you, story already in process ;P. Its going to be a comedy (of course) what, with the random hands popping up everywhere... I post it when I am finished (which most likely won't be for a while. I going to be very busy for the next two weeks)

--------- said...
---------, De Queen, Arkansas

---

Sounds enthralling. I'll check it out. You going to make a story out of the Grin Reaper character?

Got_Interest GOLD, Arnold, Maryland

-Matt Smith as The Doctor

I'm just strange like that. I like remaking well known beings and characters such as those from Alice in Wonderland and, say, the Grim Reaper. I also enjoy stories that do this. There is a manga series called Ludwig Revolution that is awesome at doing this. Imagine Cinderella as someone who is emotionally masohistic and has big feet. Meanwhile, "prince charming" is a good looking guy who is absolutely in love with reptiles and who's only reason for seeking Cinderella is because she accidentally stepped on his favorite gecko. THATS original.

--------- said...
---------, De Queen, Arkansas

---

Awesome. How did you ever come up with such an original conception for the Grim Reaper?