New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

Home > Art / Photo > Charcoals > untitled no. 1

untitled no. 1 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Report abuse
Description:
Portrait of a WWII nurse contrasted against feminine antique wallpaper-Charcoal, watercolor, and guoache.

This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. This piece has also been published in Teen Ink's monthly print magazine.

More by this contributor
About this contributor

This art/photo has 32 comments. Post your own!

HbkooyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 23 at 5:29 pm:
Wow, this piece really caught my eye! It is really cool!

Blueeyedgirl18 said...
Wow this is a very unique piece:) I really like it and this shows something so hard against a soft background but, flows nicely:) Great Job I love it:)

Novelist123 said...
Completly thought-provoking!

Haley G. said...
Sept. 3, 2012 at 7:52 am:
i like how the figure representing war is black and white and the wallpaper is in color. it gives a nice sence of what each is like.

theofficialThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 3, 2012 at 3:21 am:
wow! this looks sooo cool!

MiaCaroline said...
:O im speechless

candy12 replied...
Sept. 14, 2011 at 4:47 pm :
this picture is so good how can you do that shading? i couldnt even shade a sun! wow your good

Lola_Black said...
Brilliant portrayal of the feminist movement! I like it ♥

FlashlevitationThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 26, 2011 at 12:53 am:
what a picture! it has such a great meaning! the feminine background behind a woman in the WW II kind of look. very clever!

Schubster said...
Jul. 4, 2011 at 1:35 pm:

Feminine and sophisticated yet gruff and brutal (plus somewhat manly).

Interesting combination.

TheInnocentOne replied...
Jul. 4, 2011 at 9:20 pm :

Agree about the combination part.

Definitely interesting!

Lizzalie95 said...
May 21, 2011 at 2:16 pm:
it is scary and beautiful all at the same time. I love how you captured the essence of war and peace together on the same piece of paper. you are truly talented.

sunriseusnset said...
May 6, 2011 at 5:10 pm:
this is brilliant. art that really tells a story..

Odessa_Sterling00This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...

This photo is awesome.  Oddly enough it kinda scares me.

andieyup This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 26, 2011 at 6:49 pm:
this is amazing. very dark and dreamy and modern. i love it. 

Erin326 said...
Mar. 16, 2011 at 7:29 pm:
AMAZING!!! I love the message, the image, the shading, the contrast, EVERYTHING!!!!!!

kag1787 said...
Feb. 22, 2011 at 7:53 pm:
this is really cool, i love the message and the contrast with the background. amazing talent, i wish i could draw like this!

Vesperstar23This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is truly amazing! The depth of the meaning behind it is very awesome! YOur are clearly very, very talented! Never stop making this wonderful art!

AsIAm This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I absolutely adore this!  I love how you contrasted the stark harshness of war to the gently colors of peace.  I also love how, while in her own home this woman very well could have had this wallpaper, in war there was little distinguishing her from the male soldiers she cared for.  Very powerful - I favorited this. :)

flebaggy said...
Oct. 20, 2010 at 10:15 am:
love the wall paper with  flowers and  the dress and  braids  with the  gass  mask very power full i love  gas mask the  wrinkels and shading  are  great and i like the  contrast of the  black nd  white aginst the  colors