Home > Art / Photo > Charcoals > Madness

Madness This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Report abuse
Description:
Oh the madness of it all... Just another charcoal drawing on paper.
Tags: adults teens

This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. This piece has also been published in Teen Ink's monthly print magazine.

More by this contributor
About this contributor

This art/photo has 19 comments. Post your own now!

pinkypromise23 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
you can see the pain in her eyes...so beautiful

Royelle_2009 said...
This pic makes me wanna cry! It's absolutely amazing!!!

Lilacs_Smell_Wonnerful This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 8, 2010 at 9:01 am

Good job! You have amazing talent. I like to draw (haven't figured out how to post it on this site yet) but drawing realistic faces doesn't work with my hands or brain or something, so kudos to you. :)

-Lilac

P.s. How hard do you find it to draw hands? I keep trying, but my hands always turn out looking more like a glob of wiggly noodles...

flyaway replied...

hi! thanks for the comment. You can learn to draw (there is nothing wrong with your hands or brain).  The skill in drawing from life is teaching the mind what it is really seeing, not what we think we see.

And I find it very hard to draw hands!!  I hate it.  I would reccomend using pictures of hands as references and start slow and easy.  The move to using your own hands as reference. good luck!

Lilacs_Smell_Wonnerful This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...

Heh, I can DRAW, I just have quite a few problems drawing people (not cartoon people, those are easy, but real people) With that "what you really see" thing, well, I don't know how well that would work with me, because I am always looking at stuff as how it could be, not how it is. But I'll try.

I am actually kinda glad someone else has trouble with hands! I do use pictures, but haven't really looked at my own hands... I'll have to try that, as soon as my sprained wrist is better, and ... (more »)

flyaway replied...
To post art on here you have to either take a photo of the piece with a camera, or scan it onto your computer.  Then you upload the file to your new work, just like you would with writing.  There is a drop-down menu under submit new work page to change the submission to photos.  hope this helps!

HopelessSharpie said...
great job. =) love the intensity of the facial expression. amazing.

Jade-McKaye said...
May 11, 2010 at 9:53 am
this is amazing, faces are insanely hard and you did it beautifully.

flyaway replied...
thank you =)

D-Ray said...
Really good! Faces are tough, huh? check my stuff out if you want!

flyaway replied...
thanks!!!! =)

Muffy said...
May 8, 2010 at 8:20 am
Wow. Just wow. This is the single-handedly most amazing piece of art I have seen on this entire site. Congratulations!!!!! Take a look at my work?

flyaway replied...
wow! thanks! that was quite the compliment!

Muffy replied...
It's true, all of it!

Laura G. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 6, 2010 at 4:42 am
THis is amazing! I'm in the writing area-but I wish I could do this stuff!

flyaway replied...
thanks! And you can do anything, it just takes time and hard work.

marsbareater12 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
May 21, 2010 at 4:55 am
yeah, and talent! Something which I lack in the art area. Still, its amazing! Great job!

CarolynQ said...
there's so much life in this and you capture it perfect! amazing job :] please take a look at my poetry sometime

flyaway replied...
thanks so much!  I will look at your poetry too! =)