Fender

Report abuse
Description:
This is both Charcoal and a whisper of Dry Pastel. It was a sale I made to my mother's boyfriend, actually. They are all his guitars. (I don't think he was ever really happy with it, in the end. He...(more »)

More by this contributor
About this contributor

This art/photo has 5 comments. Post your own!

KinkoGurl said...
Feb. 17, 2010 at 1:27 pm:
:-! i could of swore this was a photograph. Bravo

Allegria-Starling said...
Jan. 5, 2010 at 4:55 am:
Wow. You manage 3D pretty well- although the thin parts on the guitar (lol sorry I dunno what to call them) do look a little too flat. The logo's well done too, I guess, but yeah, I think it's too distracting. And I understand the guy ''organized'' the background, but I think it would look better if the shadow was smoother and the lines went essentially in the same direction. It would have filled the emptiness.
Anyway... apart from that i really like it (other... (more »)

Noshabora This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 5, 2010 at 6:45 pm :
The "thin part" is called the "neck", for the record. =]
I see what you mean about the necks being too flat, but I think what you're seeing may just be the quality of my camera. The furthest edges of the necks are really hard to see, and blend into the background, mostly because of glare. I did look at the original to see if that was it, I think it was. =/ I'll have to get new photos up soon.

LemonQuiche said...
Dec. 28, 2009 at 12:23 am:
I dunno. I think the big logo kinda takes away from it. It's distracting. I really like the highlights on the guitars, they look really good. You're right about the backround being too empty, but the logo was the wrong choice. this is really good though!!!

Dec. 29, 2009 at 8:39 pm :
*shrugs* I felt it needed something in the upper left, because the guitars leaned away from that area, and also the area was the lightest wall. I thought the logo would do nicely, because it was only black and white, and I hoped that its lack of color would push it back a bit. I think I agree with you in the end, it isn't quite right, and it's still too "loud", but I'm not sure what else I could have put there that wouldn't look tacky.
(Honestly, I really wis... (more »)