Home > All Art/Photos > Mona Lisa

Mona Lisa

Report abuse
Description:
Well for school we made art on ties and the teachers wore them on teachers appreciation week so i was assigned the mona lisa. I didn't do too well on it though so that's why it looks the way it does and plus i had to do it with a partner and well...

More by this contributor
About this contributor

This art/photo has 17 comments. Post your own now!

Vaneza said...
i know right...and in my art class people would always ask why i was so quiet but they never quite understood...sometimes i would concentrate on my art so much that time would just fly by and then by the time that i would put everything away i would be late to class but i know exactly what you're talking about

rage_against_the_machine said...
Stop making excuses for your work. It is a good piece, but I wouldn't have known it from your description. Fully back your creation, or don't put it out.

Vaneza replied...

well thanks :)

i guess it's not that bad after all but i could've done better :)

rage_against_the_machine replied...
I know what you mean haha. It takes me forever to be happy with my work. Guess I'm a perfectionist? I went back over my submissions like 5 times before putting them up.

Vaneza replied...
Haha : ) same here, well i'm happy on how it looks... in my art class they always called me a perfectionist but i am so over that now...well sort of :P

rage_against_the_machine replied...
Samee haha. I do miss my art class, though. I can't continue taking it this year because I'm in the IB program, and junior year has no free elective spots :(

Vaneza replied...
ohhh sorry about that...it's gotta suck big time, i'm gonna be taking art 2 and i'm barely gonna be a freshman :P i don't know what i would do if they would take my art class away from me...it's like the only place i have to just relax and actually enjoy school :)

rage_against_the_machine replied...
Exactly! And  they keep cutting the fun classes, like journalism and the newspaper. I was on that and they took it away D:

Vaneza replied...
wow......:( and you know over here where i live their thinking about cutting art because supposedly them art doesn't educate anything but they don't understand what it's like to the students...i really hope they don't take my art class away because i would seriously be devastated.art is my life and without it there's seriously nothing to look foward to

rage_against_the_machine replied...
I know exactly how you feel. I don't like talking to people when I'm in one of my funks, and without my sketchpad, I don't know what I would do. The funny thing is that I didn't really get into it until my freshman year, and now that I'm a junior, it's practically my life, and is a real identifying characteristic of myself.

Vaneza replied...
i know right....people ask me all the time why i don't talk a lot in art and it's because i get so into the work and then by the time that i put all of my art supplies away the bell has already rang and i'm late for class again but some people just don't understand us art kids :) oh well...

rage_against_the_machine replied...
Aug. 13, 2011 at 12:32 am

Exactly! Time flies soo quickly whilst drawing or painting. My friend once told me she likes to watch me paint or whatever because I get so into it. Apparently it shows on my face? Idk haha, maybe ill get a picture of it someday. Its one thing I want to capture in a drawing.

Vaneza replied...
yeah i know exactly what you mean and then they always ask me why i make these weird expretions when i'm drawing or painting but i never seem to notice... art is like a way out of this world, it gives you a chance to run away from home without actually doing so...i wish i could have one of these conversations with the people here where i live but their much too ignorant and would never understand so thankyou for knowing exactly what i'm talking about :) 

rage_against_the_machine replied...
No problem, ditto to you :) You should check out some of my works, I might be putting a new one up in a bit and I would like to hear your opinion

Vaneza replied...
sure thing :) i'll check them out as soon as i finish typing this  :P

rage_against_the_machine replied...
thank you!

Vaneza replied...
your very wecome...C: