New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

Home > All Art/Photos > sensational

sensational This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

Report abuse
Description:
scratchboard

More by this contributor
About this contributor

This art/photo has 7 comments. Post your own!

Calasaurus_RexThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 11, 2011 at 1:23 am:
ME GUSTA!!~

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 9, 2011 at 10:10 am:
You have (I'm sure you've heard a million times) phenomenal talent. This drawing is so very realistic, and at the same time it is quite surreal. The subject is somewhat dark, but I do not know why. Perhaps it's something about the look in her eyes, or the way her hands are laid out. I love it! What is the 'scratchboard' technique? Whatever it is, you do it brilliantly; so much so that I am rather lost for words. My highest compliments to you.

Kimmy_KrakThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jul. 13, 2011 at 2:47 pm :
wow, thank you so much! i really appreciate your compliment and that you get so much out of my artwork :) about the scratchboard technique, there really isnt one. i do not have much experience with scratchboard, but when i do use it i try to portray as much realism and detail as possible using different scratches.

Jul. 13, 2011 at 2:52 pm :
scratchboard is basically paper that is covered with black ink or black paint and to create a picture you scratch away the black with a tool made for scratchboard.

TheGreightGutzby said...
How did you do this?! Amazing work like always. You are very talented keep on doing what you love. I know my work is nothing compared to yours but would you mind checking it out? Thanks

Jan. 25, 2011 at 8:03 pm :
how do i check your work? when i go to your profile or whatever it doesn't show it. and thanks for the comment, this piece of art was done using a scratchboard; the surface is black and u scratch away the white

TheGreightGutzby replied...
Jan. 28, 2011 at 5:00 pm :
Hi i think first you have to find one of my paintings lol. If you could search "Two Lovers" and find a picture drawn with purple and black colors then click on the picture. Then you will see my name and under it click on :more by this contributor. This is how i saw all your paintings and i think they are all amazing.