In the eyes of a child | Teen Ink

In the eyes of a child

By Karlee9, Parker, Colorado
Karlee9, Parker, Colorado

I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.

Graphite Pencil-I did this piece for Genocide awareness week-to try and prevent Genocide through art. In one of the Jewish boys face is the Nazi Swastika and in the other are the gates of Auschwitz.

Tags: Kids

Similar images

This art has 4 comments.

Tigeress Cub said...
on Jul. 27 2010 at 1:25 pm

Your art is amazing...you have such amazing talent. I wish I could draw like you. Where did you learn to draw? PS. I love Anne of  Green Gables too. and I haven't read Withuring heights yet. :)

Karlee9 said...
on Jun. 19 2010 at 11:30 pm
Karlee9, Parker, Colorado

Thanks guys i am working on up loadings more of my work!

on Jun. 19 2010 at 9:18 pm
IamtheshyStargirl PLATINUM, Lothlorien, Utah

Boredom instigates extreme creativity.
~Amoniel

"Bowing gratefully to all of my subjects, 'thank you. Thank you. The pleasure is mine." Nah, I'm just kidding. We're all kings together.'"
~Thesilentraven

So touching... 

I don't know what else to say, there's so Much I would like to say. But I don't know how.

_AMZ_ BRONZE said...
on Jun. 14 2010 at 8:27 pm
_AMZ_ BRONZE, Hemet, California

"life is like a box of chocolates...you never know what you're going to get"

Well done. You captured the emotion in that little boy's eyes perfectly. You do wonders with graphite. Keep posting art! I love how you incorporate symbolism into your pieces, that is something I try to do, or at least relate my work back to a cultural custom or belief. Beautiful job.