High School Summer Program offers Introduction to Business & Engineering, Lab Experience, and Team Project Opportunities. Also, enjoy campus life and social activities. Read More!
The Management & Technology Summer Institute (M&TSI) is a for-credit summer program for rising high school seniors and a select few rising high school juniors who want to learn about the integration of technological concepts and management principles. Sponsored by The Jerome Fisher Program in Management and Technology, the School of Engineering and Applied Science, and The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, M&TSI features classes taught by leading faculty and successful entrepreneurs, field trips to companies and R&D facilities, intensive team projects, as well as other activities designed to give students the opportunity to learn about the principles and practice of technological innovation.
M&TSI is designed to introduce students to the fundamental knowledge and skills necessary for successfully linking technology and management concepts in the 21st century. By participating in coursework as well as co-curricular activities, M&TSI students will:
- Be introduced to core engineering and business disciplines, as well as the academic and career opportunities available in the fields of engineering and business.
- Develop a "go to market" plan for a high technology product idea and present the concept to a group of potential customers and distributors at a new product fair.
- Visit relevant business enterprises in order to explore the qualities essential to a managing a technology-oriented firm.
- Work with a small team of talented and diverse students on group projects and case studies.
- Participate in seminars designed to stimulate new ways of thinking, encourage risk taking, and necessitate reliance on the group’s collective knowledge to solve complex problems.
- Learn about Penn, Philadelphia and fundamental concepts of technological innovation developed by Benjamin Franklin, Penn’s founding Father.
M&TSI students will be housed on the campus of the University of Pennsylvania. Activities on evenings and weekends will include recreational and cultural trips designed to provide a truly East Coast and Ivy League experience.
(From www.upenn.edu)Read More!