Overwatch on PlayStation Xbox PC | Teen Ink

Overwatch on PlayStation Xbox PC

March 6, 2017
By Aristotle20 SILVER, Hemet, California
Aristotle20 SILVER, Hemet, California
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Made by Blizzard Entertainment, Overwatch is a FPS, first person shooter, that actually has no in game story. Overwatch’s story is in short animated clips and comic books. The game Overwatch however brings these characters to a 6 vs 6 game scenario which you chose from 24 very different and diverse characters. Each “hero,” as they are referred to in game are placed in 1 of 4 player types, Offense, Defense, Tank, and Support. Every Hero has there own special play style and impact in the fast paced highly competitive game. Playing the game you have a choice in 3 main games, “quick play,” arcade and competitive. Quickplay throws you and your team into 1 of 3 game modes, Escort, Control, and Assault. Escort has your team either escorting the payload past 2 checkpoints or defending the payload holding the enemy before they reach the last objective point. Control has you and your team fighting the other team for a point in a king of the hill type style. Assault has you defending a point or attacking one. Other than quickplay you have Arcade and Competitive. Arcade is has you either being a random hero, everyone able to be the same hero or a 3 vs 3 match and Competitive, or COMP, has you ranked from Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Master, Grandmaster, or type 500 based on your skill level. Overwatch is a great overall game but it does have a few flaws. Some characters have to many advantages over others, it needs more balancing in the game. This isn’t an easy fix and you can tell Blizzard and their team has been working on this but they haven’t gotten it just yet. The game also needs a bit more team cooperation for Xbox and Playstation. Endless you have a group of friends playing with you it’s almost impossible to have communication with your team, again they are working on fixing this and you can see that. But the thing that is unfixable about this game is that it’s hard for a everyday person to pick it up and have fun with it. With FPS like Call of Duty, Battlefield, and Halo that are now franchises and are easy to pick up this game isn’t as easy. No two characters are alike and with off balancing its even harder to pick it up right away. This game is worth the time though. Once you catch on to the unique play style the possibilities are endless.