DayZ on PC on PC | Teen Ink

DayZ on PC on PC

January 25, 2017
By Nova3234 BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
Nova3234 BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Just imagine that everywhere you went you had to fear starvation, dehydration, zombies, hypothermia, and death around every corner. DayZ is a great example of what would truly happen if there was a zombie apocalypse food shortages, people turn to savages, and nobody trusts anybody.DayZ is a game that puts you in the view of a survivor who is constantly fighting for his life, but what can you do in the game? Meeting new people is one of the biggest aspects of this game, every town you go there is a chance of meeting a fellow survivor. Along the way of meeting new people, guns are another big aspect to this game, they can defend you from zombies, wolves, and other people. Now if you want a weapon that can cause mass destruction, going to one of the military bases is your best bet. Running is one of the more hated ways of getting places, this is because the map itself is so big, so people will find cars repair them and drive them to where they want to go.

 

DayZ is about a zombie survival open world game it puts you in the role of whoever you want to be a female or a male. This game offers a few customizing features to your character including skin tone, face, and clothes. There is no pay to win everybody starts off with the same stuff clothes, bandages and a flare. Like I said before military bases are the place you will need to go if you want a good weapon and some nice gear. There are military bases at almost every spot on the map, but just looting normal civilian houses can also get you started with a pistol and some nice clothes. Once you think you rule the world have all the gear you could ever want, glitches and bugs can always kill you when you least expect it.

 

Bugs are also a huge thing in this game considering it's in early access. This game is constantly being fixed with new updates pretty frequently and an outstanding community always reporting bugs when they find them. Game breaking bugs are a very big problem however and may take a while to fix which include bugs that don’t allow you to see your characters stats, this bug makes it so if your character is hungry, cold, or thirsty the game will not show you and it can lead to your death if you don’t get it fixed. Glitches also plaque this game in the earlier updates players could duplicate ammo and guns leading to an ultimate advantage. Another glitch was the swim glitch which would make the enemy invincible it was where the enemy would be swimming on land and you could not see them, making it almost impossible to shoot them. Zombies also had their fair share of bugs which would allow them to run through doors and come into your building and could even push you off roofs. Zombies also spawned in when players were near so players would watch from a distance in high populated zones and if there were zombies players would know there were others. Zombies have never really been amazing in this game because of the bugs, but they still make for some funny moments. Now considering this game is in early access there will be a fair share of bugs.


Why is this game in early access? A lot of people wonder why they just don’t release the game when they are done. They put the game in early access and release it so that we can help them find glitches and help them make the game reach its full potential. Early access means that they aren’t fully done making the game it’s still in development so if there are glitches or bugs they will be fixed. People usually stay away from early access games, because they are afraid that it will have bugs or glitches which most of the time they do. However with a community so strong those bugs are almost always fixed, Now when you buy the game in early access it also helps pay for the development of the game which can lead to the game being pushed out of early access and into a full game.


DayZ, bugs and early access are what make DayZ the game it is constantly being updated and having a strong community to help make this game the best it can be. Just imagine that everywhere you went you had to fear starvation, dehydration, zombies, hypothermia, and death around every corner. DayZ is a great example of what would truly happen if there was a zombie apocalypse food shortages, people turn to savages, and nobody trusts anybody. So now that I have showed you what DayZ is all about are you gonna help support DayZ and make it a complete game?


The author's comments:

This piece was for my class in school. I usually play this game a lot when im not doing school work