Call of Duty Black Ops 2 on First Person | Teen Ink

Call of Duty Black Ops 2 on First Person

May 26, 2016
By YouWillNeverKnow SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
YouWillNeverKnow SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
9 articles 0 photos 0 comments

“Call of Duty Black Ops 2” is an action packed game created by the company Treyarch. It was released in November of 2012 as one of the newest and greatest games of its time. There are three sections to this game, multiplayer, campaign, and zombies. The best part about this game is, you can do all three of these things when you get the game without having to pay extra. You can play this game on most gaming consoles except for the Wii. Today the reader will learn about the games great campaign mode, it’s multiplayer, zombies, and some of the extra maps to purchase.

Once the game starts up, a lot of people will go straight to the multiplayer mode which is a big mistake. If you want to understand the maps and the guns in the game, do the campaign first. In the campaign, there are two groups of three men that are almost the invincible. One group is from the future and another is from the past. Both trios have been trying to kill this one man, Raul Menendez. This man has been terrorizing and killing since he has been about 20 years old. The group from the past were unsuccessful at killing him so then it was up to the trio from the future to finally take him down. The one thing that will really grab the player’s attention about the game is that Raul will show up in almost every single mission.  Once you are done with the entire campaign, you will unlock quick and easy missions as a bonus for completing it. Once you are done with everything the campaign, multiplayer is the best option if you just can’t get enough of this game.

When the player gets to the main page of multiplayer, there are a lot of options to choose from   What most people do is online multiplayer which is playing games with other people. By far the most popular of all of the options has to be team deathmatch. A team deathmatch is a game where there are two teams, and those two teams will have an uphill battle until one is declared the champion. If you really want to play alone, there is always the option of playing bots which are computer players. Those are fun to play with if a player wants to practice or needs practice for the game. With all of the options in multiplayer, it is very hard to get bored. But if the player does, he can go play zombies as his third option to the game.

Now when the player gets to zombies, there are a couple of options of what you can do. There is of course online play, or there is custom games. Online play is there same as online multiplayer but with zombies. And custom games is the player and your friends if the player wants the to join. The game will only give the player 3 maps to choose from. There are a lot more maps i you buy them extra which cost quite a bit of money. There is really no point in buying those because the maps that come with the game are pretty darn great. The most popular map has to be town. Town has every single perk zombies has to offer. The map is very small and there are not a whole lot of places to go, but that’s ok because once the player gets very familiar with the map which doesn’t take long at all, he will become almost unstoppable in the town. Another one of the great maps the game has to offer is the farm. The farm is about the same size as the town but the farm is missing a key perk that every map would be great with. And that perk is Pack A Punch. This perk will make whatever gun the player is using, better. In other words, it gives the gun “stronger bullets” and that can be very helpful when the player is fighting off huge waves of zombies. Once the player has passed all of these things and has gotten a little bored of the game, which should be no issue, there are some extra maps that either come with the game or the player has to buy.

By far, the most popular extra map has to be Nuketown 2025. It is another very small map that will show up in multiplayer and in zombies. The map is very small and it is a ton of fun! The main reason why the map is so popular on multiplayer is because the rounds go very fast which means that there is a ton of action throughout the match. Nuketown on zombies mode is a little different. For example, there are a couple more houses than there are in the multiplayer mode and some of the building are absolutely destroyed. Nuketown 2025 has also been rated as one of the best Call of Duty maps of all time according to goliath.com, an article written by Kale Havervold on December 5th, 2015. Another map that deserves some recognition is Derise. This map is specifically for zombies mode and lets just say that this map brings the word difficult to a whole new level. Not only do you have to buy every door that there could possibly be, it takes place in a big building so it is very hard to make your way around the map without getting lost . But after numerous attempts at this level, the player will get the hang of it and it becomes a very fun level to at least try and defeat. So if the player gets somewhat bored of the missions and all of the levels, then maybe these maps are the perfect thing.

So today I have talked about the campaign, multiplayer, zombies, and extra maps. Even though this game is getting a little old and the graphics aren't really top notch, it is still one of the best games that the Call of Duty series has to offer. With all of these options that this game has to offer, and almost every console has it, this game is almost impossible to pass up on. But if the player does, always remember, it is still waiting there to be purchased.


The author's comments:

I love this game.