Evolve on PC | Teen Ink

Evolve on PC

March 4, 2015
By Robert Beauchamp BRONZE, Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania
Robert Beauchamp BRONZE, Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

 There you are, setting foot in a lush forest, hunting for something positive you have the upper hand on it. But then out of thin air as a chill travels down your spine the monster appears, stronger and more menacing than he was before. Suddenly the hunter has become the hunted.


 Of all the games available to the many people that play them, Evolve’s multiplayer experience is one that seems to outshine the rest. The premise of Evolve is like an incredibly advanced version of cat and mouse. One player takes on the role of a rampaging monster whilst the other 4 players take on the role of hunters. The goal of the game is for the hunters to try and kill the monster before it can evolve up to its third stage and win, or then the monster will kill the hunters (or destroy the power relay) and claim victory. 


 Going off of the 8 hours I have already invested into this adrenalin rush of a game, Evolve has many strong points to be found within it such as the stunning graphics the game portrays. The game is so incredibly detailed that players may often miss the little things it has. I know for sure I have gone back to look at a couple things to see the true detail. On top of the advanced environment the multiplayer gamemode is outstanding keeping you on your toes every step of the way. Evolve is one of the greatest games to show that everyone has to come together and work as one to play their roles or else everyone is dead. This is why the game is so incredibly intense allowing for odds to be in favor of the other side in just mere seconds. The characters just synergize so well and this allows for tense gameplay Evolve provides.


Now as with every game there are some cons some are justified some aren’t. Many people are complaining about the massive price tag of $60 placed on Evolve saying there isn’t enough content for it to be $60. I agree there may be a great lack of content for this game as of now it having no campaign or immersive story for you to connect with but I don’t think that this is Turtle Rock Studios (The developers) trying to be underhanded and trying to trick gamers. As I said before the amount of detail and graphics put into this game is incredible and this game probably took a considerable amount of time and resources to make. That being said the Turtle Rock Studios need to make a profit from the game otherwise it was all for nothing. I believe as the game stands the price tag is justifiable for what it is. While this is on the subject of money the extra add on for the game are incredibly pointless just changing game aesthetics. Now I wouldn’t want to pay money just so I could change how my character looks. I would want it to change the structure of the game in a new appealing way.


       Turtle Rock Studios should definitely be putting more time into content add on rather than making things look different than before. In the end I believe a fair rating for this game is an 8/10. The game itself is astounding, has great graphics and blood rushing gameplay. But I have to give the game an 8 because of the seeming lack of content and pointless add-ons that they could’ve spent time on making new parts to the game. If you’re into having that feeling of constant tense situations and a fun game to play online or with friends then you would probably really enjoy Evolve.


The author's comments:

I wrote this review for my english class and I thought I would post it on here and see where it gets me tell me what you think.