Clash of Clans | Teen Ink

Clash of Clans MAG

December 14, 2014
By BubbleMilkTea BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York
BubbleMilkTea BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The cries of soldiers fill the air as they charge toward the enemy. Cannons fire at insanely fast speeds, and soldiers disappear into the ground, leaving nothing but a tombstone behind. “Commander! We need you! Deploy your troops and help us win this war!”


“Clash of Clans” is a multiplayer online mobile strategy game developed and published by Supercell. Players build and protect their own villages, as well as train troops to attack other players for their gold and elixir (a magical purple liquid used as currency). The graphics aren’t great but do fit the cartoonish theme.


When you start, the available troops are the lowest level: barbarians. However, as you progress, upgrading your barracks in which your troops are trained will unlock more powerful units, such as the almighty wizards or the powerful dragons. When you’re not playing, improving and adding new defenses can help knock down enemy raiders. When the time is right, you can choose to rebuild the clan castle, and help others by donating troops or fighting other clans in “clan wars.”


“Clash of Clans” gives you short but sweet gameplay, then keeps you away from the game by making you train your troops again, just long enough that you almost can’t stand it but still want to play more.
The next time you turn off your phone, remember, your army awaits you.